Reload this Page >

2 days/nights in New York

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 03:22 PM
Linda

My daughter and I will be in NYC for 2 days/nights....one on each end of a trip to Japan. I need suggestions for a nice place to stay (under $400) convenient for theater and restaurants. Also, any suggestions for "must eat at" places would be appreciated.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 04:46 PM
Tema

Broadway Millenium

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 04:47 PM
cindy

hi Linda,

though i've not stayed at this hotel yet, I've only heard wonderful things. check out the fodor's rants & raves . i will be there feb 8 & 9 for $260 for a suite.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 04:48 PM
cindy

sorry linda, it's the michelangelo hotel

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 05:13 PM
xx

I second the Broadway Millenium. Not too large and just down the block from Broadwayp. Entrances are on 44t and 45th St. Has a quiet elegant atmosphere.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 06:05 PM
Linda

Thanks Cindy, I checked out their web site and it looks great...I booked our room. Now I need suggestions for a pre-show dinner restaurant..

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 06:19 PM
Celeste

The Millennium Broadway has been coming up on Priceline for $90 per night.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 06:40 PM
Penny

How old is your daughter, and what kind of food does she like?

You can check out restaurant reviews at www.zagat.com. There's a whole "restaurant row" area near the theaters. My husband and I just walked into two different ones at about 6:00 on two subsequent nights and were seated with no trouble:

Joe Allen's, which is sort of famous, and Nocello. Nocello was more romantic, so that's my favorite of the two, but the food was excellent at both. It's then easy to walk to the theater.

When we took our kids, we ate at John's Pizzeria, also in the area. A great building with wonderful architecture, and dynamite pizza.

Hope this helps.

Penny

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 06:53 PM
Linda

Thanks Penny, my daughter is 21, and is as much of a foodie as I am...except vegetarian, so it'll have to be a place that can accomodate that.

Re Broadway Millenium, I may have to spend one night there and the other at the Michelangelo...