Reload this Page >

1st Time to Chicago. Help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 1998, 03:42 PM
Jason

I am a 21 year old college student going to Chicago March 12 through March 15. What is there to do? Suggestions on anything will be helpful, especially restaurants. My friend and I will be staying in Shaumburg, so information on traveling into the city will be helpful. Thanks!

Old Jan 19th, 1998, 06:01 PM
Anne Beer

The Field Museum is fascinating. I also think you would enjoy going to Second City--call ahead for tickets. If you're not familiar with this, it's where several Saturday Night Live stars got their start--great comedy! Ed DeBevic's (sp?) is a fun, casual restaurant--it's part of the waiters' job to be rude--I'm serious, that's the restaurant's theme!

Old Jan 19th, 1998, 07:59 PM
jj

Jason: Here are some ideas for a great time in Chicago:

Great burgers and chili at J.Randolph's, Michigan Avenue and Randolph streets
Bargain shopping at Filene's Basement
Shear Madness-Audience participation whodunit at Blackstone Theater
Niketown on Michigan Ave.
Save on gas and parking-look into taking Metra from Schaumburg into Chicago.

Old Jan 31st, 1998, 03:22 PM
Judi

Been to Chicago twice in the past year and I have some suggestions. Don't drive; take taxi's in the city. Also, if you enjoy art, don't miss the art museum. Other great visits are Shedd Aquarium and Field Museum. The last two are very close together so you could walk. Enjoy!

Old Jan 31st, 1998, 08:39 PM
Shari

Second City is great. Lots of neatJazz clubs--ask at hotel and check in the Cgo magazine. Ed Debevics is a favorite, Chinatown, Greek town, Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, Museum of Science and Industry and Art Museum are all great things to do..you'll have to decide what you like best. Of course theres Planet Hollywood and Hard Rock. Cubs-man Harry Carey's restaurant, Mike Ditka;'s and Michael Jordan all have restaurants. try a Gold Coast Hot dog, Pizza Uno or Pizza Due. Out in Schaumburg, there's a Medieval jousting Banquet, a Rainforest Cafe, and lots of mallshopping.Wanna be romantic? Have a drink at the top of the John Hancock and take someone you love on a cinderella carriage ride on Michigan Ave (the Magnificent Mile)