Reload this Page >

14 nights for Anniversary in Hawaii

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 01:56 PM
RK

First time trip to Hawaii. We are looking for some advice. Young couple on a 5 year anniversary trip looking for hotel suggestions. We are looking to stay on 2 islands-Kauai and Maui.
We are looking into these hotels:
Princeville and/or Hyatt in Kauai
Four Seasons and/or Grand Wailea in Maui
Thanks

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 02:21 PM
Deb

Do a search and check the rants and raves. You'll find plenty of info on those properties.

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 06:49 PM
e

If you are young, I suggest the Grand Wailea. The pool and grounds are the most interesting you'll find anywhere--and the beach there(which is shared with the 4Seasons) is beautiful. I think its a lot less stuffy than its neighbor.JMHO

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 06:47 AM
Z$

Maui is heaven on earth. I stayed at the Four Seasons and Kea-Lani Resort. The Four Seasons was a bit quieter and secluded. The Kea-Lani provided a great all-you-can-eat buffet and it was awesome. The Kea-Lani room was nicer because it was a suite with a huge bathroom. Either way you can't go wrong in Maui. I visited the Grand Wailea and it was beautiful but just a bit too expensive.

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 07:54 AM
j

We stayed at the Hyatt and loved it. It is definitely a lot less stuffy than the Princeville Hotel. Both of these a pretty expensive, though. If you choose the Hyatt, or even if you don't, make sure to visit the Hyatt's Anara Spa. The services were fabulous! I felt as if I'd died and gone to heaven!

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 08:15 AM
loves hawaii

If you choose the Grand Wailea, and then choose the Hyatt on Kauai, you will be having too much of the same experience. The hotels are both spectacular, but similar in many ways. For Maui, I would choose either the Four Seasons or the Kei Lani, both excellent hotels, and very near the Grand Wailea.

For Kauai, I would choose the Hyatt.

Have wonderful trip!!!!!!!!!!

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 08:54 AM
Ruth

I know this is not what you asked for but I did want to point out to you an island that is highly overlooked on this board, Molokai. I would consider a stay at the Molokai ranch everything is including in the price of your stay. Go to the website and if nothing else look at the tremndous landscape. Molokai has the highest sea cliffs in the world you can horseback ride along side the edge.
http://www.molokai-ranch.com/

I would think Molokai would be ideal for a honeymoon because they are less populated, get less tourist so I suspect you could find a calm swimming beach that is desserted. I have never been but look at the photos at the websit I found. Just and idea since you are at the begining stages it sounds like.