Reload this Page >

$125-$135 DC area hotel w/ kids

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 1999, 02:18 AM
Greg

In my previous request I said "reasonable" cost. Is it possible to find a clean room in the DC area, close to Metro, decent neighborhood, with pool for $135 or less, if possible? Any thoughts on the St.James at 24th and K; Days Inn on Connecticut Avenue; or, Quality Inn Iwo Jima in Arlington? Any other possibilities?

Old Feb 1st, 1999, 04:59 AM
ilisa

I can't give advice about the St. James, or the Quality Inn, but I don't recommend the Days Inn (I assume you are talking 4400 Connecticut Avenue), unless it is the only option open to you. It is a decent hotel in a fine neighborhood and near a metro, but it is still pretty out of the way. You are better off trying to find a place to stay closer downtown where you can easily walk to most of the attractions. I work at 16th and M, and there is a new Marriott Courtyard right near by. I know their rates are less than $135. Normally, I wouldn't recommend a brand new hotel, but my husband has been working with this one on arranging rooms for visiting soccer teams and has nothing but good things to say about it. It is in walking distance of the White House and is in a good neighborhood.

Old Feb 1st, 1999, 09:29 AM
Vickie

If you are considering Arlington, you should think about Crystal City. We stayed at Embassy Suites in CC, a very short walk to Metro Station. Had a large suite, with breakfast and evening snacks and cocktails, I believe rate was closer to $150 though. We had AAA discount also. Had a nice pool, although a little small for the crowd sometimes. Depends on when you go, we were there spring break. We loved the accomodations and the Metro is GREAT. Good luck.

Old Feb 1st, 1999, 06:44 PM
sgorces

My son and I stayed at an expensive downtown hotel, then we moved out to the beltway and stayed at a Marriott near Silver Springs. It was about $105 per night and very comfortable. The Rockville rail line was not far away. With the rapid transit system staying out of town is a great option, cheap, safe and pretty convenient.

Old Feb 2nd, 1999, 05:55 AM
natalie

I wish I could remember the name of the hotel my family styed in when we visited DC a few years ago. It was right across the street from the very expensive Hyatt, and just a few blocks from the Capitol. I discovered it from reading a Fodors Guide. I know we only paid about 70-80 dollars a night for a double, and the kids stayed free. Best of all we walked to just about everything. It had a pool on the roof. I hope you find it!

Old Feb 2nd, 1999, 07:35 AM
ilisa

The hotel Natalie is referring to used to be called the Quality Hotel. It is now the Holiday Inn. It is a good choice of hotel. Located on New Jersey Avenue, near the Capitol and Union Station.

The Marriott in Silver Spring jgorces stayed at (above post) is on the red line of the metro, probably near the Silver Spring stop, but nowhere near the Rockville station (other end of the line). As someone who rides the metro to work everyday, I would recommend staying downtown, rather than take such a ride. It can get old (and costly if you choose to ride during rush hour).