Notices

1-year anniversary trip ideas

Old Sep 3rd, 1999, 11:51 AM
Kelly Thompson

1-year anniversary trip ideas

My husband and I are going to be celebrating our 1-year anniversary in the first of November. I would love to surprise him with a weekend trip. I am on a slight budget, though, and would love some ideas for places to go that will be fun and have plenty for us to do but that won't cost me a fortune. (He doesn't really like the beach.)

Old Sep 3rd, 1999, 12:37 PM
Emily

Can you tell us where you live? That would help us make some reasonable suggestions.

Old Sep 28th, 1999, 11:13 AM
Kelly Thompson

We live in Alabama, if that helps.

Old Sep 28th, 1999, 11:37 AM
lisa

Charleston, SC; New Orleans, LA; and Key West, FL are all absolutely wonderful, have lots of fun things to do, have accommodations and food in every price range, and are all in your geographic area so getting there should be neither too time-consuming nor expensive.

Old Sep 28th, 1999, 02:07 PM
Paul Rabe

I second the ideas for New Orleans or Charleston, but would like to add Natchez and Savannah as cities with 19th century charm (something I find romantic).

Old Sep 29th, 1999, 07:19 AM
Scott K

New Orleans!!
Reasonable air fare and plenty to do!

Old Sep 29th, 1999, 10:03 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Definitely New Orleans. And if you live in Northern Alabama, Southwest Airlines flies cheaply from Birmingham.

How much hotels will be will depend on what weekend.

Other ideas: Nashville, Atlanta, Chattanooga. Just depends on what you're looking for.

Old Sep 29th, 1999, 10:32 AM
hamlet

How about Memphis? That's especially fun if you're into music, and there's a lot more to it than Elvis!