Search

Travelocity Airline Refund

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2020, 02:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travelocity Airline Refund

Is it possible to get a full airline refund from Travelocity? Bought the tickets for Hawaii back in November 2019 and with covid19 we cancelled our plans. Travel insurance said covid19 isn't covered. United will give us two years from November 2019. How do we know if next year will be safe to travel? I'd like a full refund but doesn't look like it will happen. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old May 9th, 2020, 03:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suggest you ask United if a full refund is possible and if they say yes, tell Travelocity that UA agreed and Travelocity will issue a refund once they receive it back from UA. Travelocity are agents for UA, they will follow the airline’s rules. If Travelocity get the refund from UA, they will pass it back to you.

I assume the voucher can be used for other routes apart from the one to Hawaii. It’s just a monetary value, right? Do you think you won’t travel anywhere in the next 2 years & that you couldn’t use the voucher towards something else?
Old May 9th, 2020, 09:25 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Has your flight been cancelled? Doesn't sound like it. When were you traveling? I would not have cancelled and just waited for UA to cancel the flight or make such a massive schedule change that you wouldn't have to accept it. Then you'd be eligible for a full refund. As it is you might have a difficult time getting anything other than a voucher - and UA is being pretty generous with the 2 year offer.