Search

Solo on a Budget

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Solo on a Budget

I have about 9 days free this Fall...anytime this fall. On a budget, where is the best place in the world to travel in the fall? I am flying solo out of Denver, CO.

Please help!
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 10:18 AM

Not sure if you're looking for a destination outside the US, but you can find great deals in Argentina these days and Buenos Aires is beautiful and charming.
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 10:31 AM

What type of a budget are you looking at? What interests do you have? etc.

For autumn, eastern Canada and/or northeastern U.S. would be great for the colors.
Old Aug 20th, 2006, 08:55 AM

I'm organizing a 8 people group for south Italy from Toronto. I'm an italian native and I want to share my province with others. The tour it's not profit and I'm organizing it to make a dream happen. I will take people to my mom for dinner and there is so much more.....let me know if you have questions, I have 2 spot left and the everage age of the group is 35.
Old Aug 20th, 2006, 10:00 AM

How about some of the fall color in Colorado? That would spare you the expense and hassles of flying, and perhaps be kinder to your budget.

Just a thought. Sometimes you can find delightful inexpensive travel opportunities close to home.
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Original Poster

Well, I have already been all over Colorado and you are correct...it is beautiful. However, I want to do something new. I also have been to Italy. Is Argentina safe for a solo, lower 20's female? If so, I would love to go to South America.
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 11:19 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
9 days seems a bit short to go the distance to South America imo. How about someplace in Mexico? Puerto Vallarta is great as a solo woman.
Old Sep 17th, 2006, 05:06 AM

Flights alone to South America from the States can be prohibitively expensive. You might wreck your budget before you even leave the tarmac, but don't let that dissuade you from looking into tickets.

Mexico is a great suggestion -- one of my favorite countries on the planet! I've met plenty of female solo travelers during my time there, and apart from the usual problems you're bound to encounter in Latin America -- a bit of leering, perhaps some rude comments -- you shouldn't have any trouble with safety. Flights from Denver are also bound to be dirt-cheap.

Vallarta's a beautiful town -- touristy, sure, but with plenty of old-time Mexican character. Baja's also a great place to dip your toes into the country. Beautiful beaches, stark deserts, and plenty of hot, dry weather -- a far cry from those cold Colorado nights.

Chris
Travel better. Travel Gator.
www.travelgator.com