Search

Senior "Tap" Cards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2024, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Senior "Tap" Cards

I'm starting this thread for senior travelers who like to use public transportation and get discount cards before they travel. While I've found discount transportation cards for seniors traveling to Europe are unavailable, for the most part, unless the senior is a resident of the Country, there is wide availability to those visiting the United States or who are residents of the United States. And most are now available to obtain online!

I have my senior tap card for my home City, Los Angeles.

Since I visit the Bay Area often, I've used my Senior Clipper card for several years.

I'm going down to San Diego for a few days next month, and discovered my "Compass" card has been replaced by a PRONTO card. I just applied for the senior PRONTO card online. You do need to upload a copy of your driver's license or passport, then get "verified" by a picture taken online to get it. And pay $2.00 for the card. It takes 7 to 10 business days to receive in the mail.

Curious to see what other cities I can get a senior transport card, I checked out Boston and NYC, and found (at least for NYC), senior cards are not limited to those living in the U.S., but also foreign travelers!

Would love to hear experiences from others . . . maybe get a list of cities that allow a non-resident of the city to get a senior discount transportation card!

Old Jan 16th, 2024, 05:51 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii... for The Bus, has this.
Old Feb 27th, 2024, 06:12 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We have had NYC senior transit cards for years. We also have had them for Boston.

Last edited by HappyTrvlr; Feb 27th, 2024 at 06:18 PM.