Search

San Fran to Victoria, BC

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2014, 06:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Fran to Victoria, BC

Hi Everyone,

I am planning a 10 day trip in August. I would like to fly into San Fran and out of Seattle. We would like to drive to Victoria, BC and would like suggestions of what routes to take and things we should see along the way. It will be 3 adults and one 8 yr old. So things that are friendly for all ages would be great. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old May 10th, 2014, 06:55 AM

That's a fair bit of driving for a 10 day trip.

San Fran to Seattle alone is over 12 hours driving time. Most people would split it over 2 days at least.

Then Seattle to Victoria is at least a half day if you take the ferry directly from Seattle to Victoria.

Now you have to add the time you want to spend in each place. Finally, the time to get back to Seattle.

I don't see 10 days as being enough time to visit San Fran, Seattle and Victoria. It certainly won't be at a leisurely pace.
Old May 10th, 2014, 09:16 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome to Fodors snowcloud. You have posted on the generic (and very slow) Travel Tips board. See the Change Forum pull down menu? Click that and re-post on the United States forum. You will get tons more response there. You could also post on the Canada board - but most of our Seattle/Wwashington fodorites will help you w/ Victoria even on tne US board.

When you re post, add a bit more detail like if you want to spend time in SF or is that just a jumping off place. And what sorts of things you want to see/do.

10 days is a very short time for all that so the more details you give us the easier it will be to help you plan/cut/refine.
Old May 10th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much, I will post on the US forum. Appreciate the information.
Old May 10th, 2014, 02:46 PM

Yes, don't post on the travel tips and ideas board here on Fodors if you want travel tips and ideas that cover more than one country snowcloud. That would be too logical. Better to post on a one country board or even better post twice on two separate boards. That way you will be a true Fodorite and act in the truly illogical Fodorite way.
Old May 10th, 2014, 03:49 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
That way . . . Some people other than dul will see your post (just sayin')