Rent a Car, Fly, or Rail from Paris to Venice

Jul 11th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Original Poster

Rent a Car, Fly, or Rail from Paris to Venice

Would love to hear from family travelers on the best way to get from Paris to Venice. We have all day Saturday (8/2) to travel, but need to be in Venice by 6:00pm at the latest. Thank you.
Jul 11th, 2008, 02:46 PM

It would never have occurred to me to drive it, but Michelin says you can do it in 11 hours - it's over 1,000 kms, and will cost over 100 euros in tolls, and another 100 in gas.

By train, if you have to be at your destination in Venice by 6:00 in the evening you'll need to take the night train the day before - see bahn.de for schedules. See whichbudget.com for cheap flights.
Jul 11th, 2008, 03:38 PM

I enjoy taking night trains in a private cabin. So I'd probably do that the day before.

Unless you have time to spend along the way, to me the trouble of renting a car and driving in Europe is just not that appealing.
Jul 11th, 2008, 03:57 PM

Two Junes ago we snatched up five Ryan Air flights from Beauvais airport to Venice for a mere $11 US each.

Granted, Beauvais is an hour north of Paris, and did cost a $100 cab fare, but it was SO worth it to get that cheap direct flight.

Ryan Air's sight takes some patience and tenacity, but stick with it. Also, they do have a shuttle that leaves from Gare du Nord, but it leaves VERY early and was full when we got there. We enjoyed our nice van ride for just about 25% more than the shuttle.

Good luck!!
Jul 11th, 2008, 04:27 PM

From the Beauvais airport web site:

A paying shuttle service (13 € per trip and per person), is organized to and from Paris-Beauvais Airport and Paris-Porte Maillot.

In order for you to not waste time and avoid the queue at the ticket desk, we suggest you to buy your round trip bus ticket directly on line
tickets.aeroportbeauvais.com
Jul 14th, 2008, 08:17 AM
ira

Hi n2,

I would take www.myair.com from Orly to Venice VCE.

Jul 17th, 2008, 06:53 PM

A friend and I weighed the options of rail versus flight. (Driving wasn't on the table.)

Given the time it would take by rail, we decided to fly. We took Easy Jet and I was quite pleased with it.

I don't recall the price comparisons, although I know we did that. The cost of flying Easy Jet was reasonable.

Caution: One bag = ONE BAG. (See their website.) If you need to check a bag, purchase that service in advance, not at the airport.

Search this Thread