Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2014, 03:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't even begin to describe to you how disappointed I am after being on the telephone with Priceline.com so called 'customer service'.
Just a few hours ago I made a reservation for 10 nights in a hotel in Nikiana, Greece. After booking on Priceline.com, I found the exact same room for $175 less (total price) on otel.com.
According to the promise found on the Priceline.com website "we will match any lower price for the equvalent booking and give you $50 credit for a future booking", I called their customer service to have them adjust the price.
After 20 min on hold, "Joe" told me that he has difficulties with his computer (sic) and he will transfer me to a higher tier of customer service that will adjust the price. I already had my suspicions, but stayed in hold for another 10 minutes after which I was connected with 'Dominic' who pretended he does not even know why I am calling.
After I explained (again) the reason for my call, he asked for the website that offered the lower price and, of course placed me on hold. I stayed on hold for about 15 minutes only to be told by 'Dominic' that he is not able to find availability for the period I was booking on otel.com, consequently he cannot adjust the price. I then tried was being on the phone with him to make sure the hotel didn't become sold out while I was on hold. Lo and behold, the deal was still available. I offered to send him a link to the price I found and he refused saying: "we are not allowed to do that". I then asked to be connected to a supervisor and he told me that there is no one above him! I offered to walk him step by step how to get to the better deal and he declined.
It was obvious that he was not willing to adjust the price, consequently I canceled the booking with Priceline.com and re-booked with otel.com, but who is going to give me back the hour of my life that I lost with these liars and scammers?
Stay away from Priceline.com!
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 09:18 AM

LOL, you write as if this were news.

https://www.google.ca/#q=priceline+ripoff

Of course you should also check here:

https://www.google.ca/#q=otel.com+ripoff

Now what?
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 03:50 AM

It's news to me, so thanks for posting, Theodor.
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 08:36 AM

I know of no third party booking site for any service or product that does not have 'ripoff' complaints about them. That should not be news to anyone unless you live in a bubble.
Old Dec 12th, 2014, 06:03 PM

PRICELINE - AIRLINE ROULETTE

If you use PriceLine's "Name Your Own Price" service, you could end up with a bad choice of airline.

EXAMPLE: Frontier Airlines charges $25 per carry-on bag, when most domestic airlines provide your first carry-on free. Extra fees can be a got'cha to a winning bid.

EXAMPLE: Recently Korean Air executive Cho Hyun-ah, who was the executive head over cabin service, turned the plane around at JFK because macadamia nuts were served to first-class passengers in a bag rather than on a plate. They berated the senior steward, forced them to kneel in apology, then kicked them off at the gate. A family business run a muck.

After 22 days of back-and-forth with PriceLine, it comes down to this. PriceLine not only does not care, they will not listen. They refuse to discuss the policy or consider options to omit airlines during bidding. Their customer service refuses to connect you with a manager (I asked several times). Attempted contact with executives was ignored.
Old May 29th, 2015, 02:43 PM

Wish I had read these reviews before I used Priceline. Got F*cked on a rental car. When I called customer service, let's just say their attitude was anything but helpful. Found a much cheaper price ($70 difference) they couldn't match it and would make no concessions in adjusting the price or even cancelling the reservation. I'm going thru my credit card now to dispute the charge.

They should change their name from Priceline to PriceLie.
Old Jul 15th, 2015, 08:55 AM

This is helpful info. I'm always reluctant when i need to call about price matching for the same reasons you experienced. There always seems to be some fine print as to why they cannot honour what they advertise.