lac leman then travel to lake como

Old Jan 7th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lac leman then travel to lake como

We are planning a jorney of 1+1 week aroung lake leman then lake como. Have a 4yo with us and plan to get from geneva to milan using train (only) for the sightseeing.Q: is the northen route around the lake then south ( geneva vevey montreux brig milan) the best for train scenery? Or a mt blanc route ( recommendation????). Another Q is where on lac leman should we " set camp" ? Ideally we would like to stay in 1 place and travel around the lake but where? Geneva laussanne vevey or montreux? Same Q for lake como. It has been quite a few years since i visited lake como so your recommendation is much appreciated. Travel time is midjuly to aug, money not a problem and thenn 3 week on cote d azur (again travelling by train....suggestions. many many thanks
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Original Poster

Meant 3rd week on cotw dazur..
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 06:37 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Vevey! -stay in Vevey is my best suggestion, it's smaller than Lausanne and much more easily walkable and more 'swiss' feeling than Montreux (which is more expensive generally and has more of an international feel about it). It's only a short bus (or train) ride between the two so easy to see one from the other (like to go to Chillon from Vevey for example).
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 06:40 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Oh, I see you're a new poster on Fodor's. Welcome!

You will get many more replies if you re-post on the Europe destination forum (see "Change Forum" in blue at the top of your screen).

this "Travel Tips" branch is a catch-all for miscellaneous topics and not too many people read it.
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 05:14 AM

I stay in Evian Les Bains best Spa Town booking.com many wonderful hotels Train to Zurich then Chur then Lugano
then Como. www.bellagio.info best town there Grand Hotel
Serbolloni best there usually stay at Residence L'Ulivo
hotelscombined.com 120 euros nice apartments on the hotel grounds. www.hotelflorencebellagio.it nice also Twain stayed
there quite historic. seat61.com best train info.