Search

July Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2018, 12:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
July Honeymoon

Help! My fiancé and I are trying to plan a honeymoon in July, but are having trouble finding a good location. We want somewhere not so typical. We originally were thinking New Zealand but the weather there in July looks iffy. We are outdoorsy so we want somewhere we can explore, either by hiking or kayaking and also some sort of culture to learn about and immerse ourselves into. We will be traveling from Philadelphia, PA and want somewhere out of the country. We are looking to go for about 2 weeks in July or early August, and are hoping to go somewhere not so hot and humid. I teach so this is the only time I can get away. Please help!!
Old Aug 19th, 2018, 03:44 PM

The Azores!!!
Old Aug 19th, 2018, 07:10 PM

Canadian Rockies
The Fjords of Norway
Scotland
Switzerland
Old Aug 20th, 2018, 04:38 AM
Original Poster

Oh the Azores! Looks amazing there! And Switzerland is on the list too! Thanks for the suggestions!
Old Aug 22nd, 2018, 10:05 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I suggest looking into South Africa. I think you will stunned by the options for culture and adventure inside just this one countries borders.
Old Aug 23rd, 2018, 03:29 AM

I wouldn’t rule out New Zealand entirely. we have visited several times at that time of year. yes, the weather can be very changeable - we have everything from snow to blue skies. It is definitely the place for outdoor activities.

July and August would be a great time for Peru. Again many opportunities for outdoor activities among some stunning scenery. It also has a wealth of excellent hotels worthy of a honeymoon stay.

Some photos and detail of our time in those places and other on our blog @ https://accidentalnomads.com

July and August is a great time for Indonesia (or at least parts of it). plenty of opportunity for hiking etc.