Search

Intrepid Tours

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intrepid Tours

I'm a 20 year old in the US for a little while on my own and I was hoping to do a group tour of Florida in June.
I was just wondering if anyone has done a tour with Intrepid? The main thing I'm interested in is a rough idea of the average age of people that go on Intreped tours. I know that it is 18+, but I wanted to know whether it is a company that tends to get more young customers or middle aged etc.? If anyone could help I would really appreciate it!
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The age spread has been really wide on the tours I've done with them, but none have been in the US (where I drive myself). 20 will be a bit on the young side, but not by much. But there was an 80+ year old woman on one tour I did (China to Pakistan). If you only want younger people, and not a variety, you might do better with Gecko. But what on earth do you want a group tour of Florida for?
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the response. I'll be doing a lot of travelling with other people that covers most of the US-Yellowstone, LA, San Francisco, Seattle, NYC, Washington DC, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Vegas, Grand Canyon etc. etc. but I wanted to do a group tour to cap it off after my family have gone home. The only big regions I feel like I've missed that I would like to go to are the "deep south" and Florida. This Florida tour sounds really good, with the theme parks in Orlando, snorkelling and time on the beach in Key West/Largo, Miami etc. and a day in the Everglades. Is there any reason I shouldn't do a group tour there though??
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 02:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Only that it's so easy to do on your own. But if you want some company, then a tour would make more sense. I'm not a fan of Florida myself, but then I'm not a beach person (or a Disney fan, lol!) and I prefer mountains. You do know it's likely to already be hot by June?
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Original Poster

haha yeah I've spent the last 3 months at college in Indiana so I'm ready for a bit of hot weather! I've checked all of the tour companies websites I can find-Contiki, TrekAmerica, Gecko etc., and this is the only relatively short trip in America I've been able to find that covers ground I won't have seen, so I think it's my best option.
Old Jun 6th, 2009, 07:38 PM

I've traveled with GAP & Intrepid, and both companies have ages 18-60+ I'm 27, but there's always been a few people younger than me on the trip. Usually the cheaper "Basix" trips will have younger people on them as they're a budget option. Here's my pro/con list of traveling with them: http://www.poweredbytofu.com/2009/05...travel-review/