India in July-August

Old May 13th, 2009, 05:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
India in July-August

Hey guys,
I'll be in India from the 4th of july to the 24th of august and i'm planning to do an oval trip between Mumbai and Katmundhu.
Basically, I'll be leaving Mumbai in direction of Katmundhu. I already know the Gujarat, Rajasthan and Delhi area quite well but was wondering where to go from then onwards. I thought of going through Varanasi and then straight to Katmundhu.
On the way back, i'd like to go through Kolkatta, Orissa, and Chattisghah.

I wonder if someone could give me advise on places to go to, on the weather, etc..
I'm not particularly interested in all the temple/palace usual tourist attractions..

Yo!
Old May 13th, 2009, 05:33 AM

You would be much better served to post this question on the ASIA Forum. You can email [email protected] and request them to move this to ASIA.

I can advise you that the weather in the Delhi/Rajasthan area will be very hot. There are others who have been to India in the summer and you can find their info by searching key words like "India", "August" etc on the Asia Forum.

Good Luck
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:11 AM

I saw your post Hotfoot and moved it here as Jaya suggested.
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Katie !
Jaya, cheers for you quick answer. However, I am fully aware of the weather I will find in Rajasthan and Delhi.

I lack info on the other parts of India I have mentionned.
Old May 13th, 2009, 07:02 AM

This is a bi-i-ig question you're asking here, Hot.
Can't deal with it all right now - but definately lock in Varanasi - Kathmandu and Kathmandu - Kolkata with Indian Airlines. Logical, obvious, just do it.

Kolkata - Orissa to Chattisgargh is all connected. Logical again.

But why don't you help us a little more - try putting in a rough itinerary of where YOU want to go. Remember, we don't know anything about you, other than you don't wanna go to the usual tourist attractions. Which means what? What kinda stuff DO you want to do?

And yeah, it'll be hot. Only an idiot would travel in India at this time of year. lol. Like a certain Dog I know.

I'm in Mumbai right now. I also manage to fill my time NOT going to the established tourist sites... but you may not be as stupid as me... or quite as interested in street life as I am.

Over to you.
Old May 13th, 2009, 08:09 AM

Hotfoot, search for Dogster's various trip reports in India over the past year. If they don't give you inspiration, I don't know what will. Have a notebook and pen with you. Also, search for postings by Cicerone in India, she is a walking textbook of Indian travel logisitcs.

Reply back with questions.
Old May 13th, 2009, 10:08 AM

Here is a link that Dogster sent me a while ago for a solar eclipse happening over northern India around July 22nd. I hope you can open the link.

http://www.audleytravel.com/Destinat...roduction.aspx
Old May 13th, 2009, 10:39 AM

Oh yessss. I'd forgotten about that. Yay Jaya.

Now, there you go, Hot - a moment of genuine inspiration. That ain't your normal tourist sight!