Search

Global Entry

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2023, 04:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Global Entry

A late adaptor, I had been put off by tales of months-long wait times but this weekend we bit the bullet and applied online Saturday. Woke up Monday to notice of conditional approval. Government computers must work all weekend!
Rockford Illinois had interview openings for next week so I’m thinking our April trip will be that much more fun.
Thanks to all here who recommended GE so strongly ✅
Old Mar 28th, 2023, 03:01 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
That is how it was for us too, but at the very first days of Global Entry. We have just renewed ours for the second time. Best thing ever for travelers!!
Old Mar 29th, 2023, 05:36 PM
Original Poster

Had a surprise early interview today as someone cancelled- only hiccup was the electronic fingerprint capture.
The inspector sent me out to dry my hands on paper toweling for ten minutes while he took the next appt.
After just a few minutes he called me back in and I said “well, I guess she had no problems with the fingerprinting.”
He replied “ She forgot her passport.”

Last edited by nyse; Mar 29th, 2023 at 05:38 PM.
Old May 17th, 2023, 04:13 AM
Original Poster

Just reporting back how splendid GE is …
Pre-check departure meant we sailed thru security, no one ahead of us.
And on return, we never broke stride coming thru immigration.
We travel only once or twice a year, but do wish we had applied for GE long ago! I do thank those posters here who have steadfastly recommended it.
Old May 17th, 2023, 03:25 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Ain’t it wonderful 😊 I did have to wait 2 or 3 minutes at SMF this morning but the regular TSA queue was 10x longer. The Clear line was totally empty so people might also look into that program. ( a very lonely TSA agent was hovering over the Clear line )
Old Jun 28th, 2023, 07:24 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by janisj
Ain’t it wonderful 😊 I did have to wait 2 or 3 minutes at SMF this morning but the regular TSA queue was 10x longer. The Clear line was totally empty so people might also look into that program. ( a very lonely TSA agent was hovering over the Clear line )
I was surprised to see the pricey price of CLEAR ~ $189 annually.
Old Jul 2nd, 2023, 07:14 AM

Good for you. Our friend applied and we looked for an interview for her and it was so far out with nothing available we decided wait.
Her daughter looked and found her an interview at ORD which is the closest for her for the next day! Amazing though I imagine there was a cancellation and her daughter checked at just the right time.