digital cameras

Old May 31st, 2001, 04:13 PM
el

digital cameras

What do people think about the Kodak dc4800.
Any positive reports from owners.
Thanks in Advance.
El

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 03:28 AM
me, I, and both of us

take a look at this site:

http://community.webshots.com/user/dimitrisokolenko

(album KODAK DC4800 test)

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 03:52 AM
Dave

I have one and love it. 8x10's are better than with my Nikon 35mm Point&Shoot. The low-light abilities are phenomenal.

The only problems I've read about are battery life and focusing.

Re battery life: I took mine on a trip to the UK recently and didn't have to use my spare battery once - just recharged each evening (had to buy a dual-voltage international recharger separately). I prefer to use the optical viewfinder rather than LCD for taking photos, but still reviewed and deleted quite a bit on-screen, so I wasn't exactly miserly with the power.

Re focusing: Apparently low-light focusing was a problem on early releases, but I haven't had any trouble with mine (I uploaded the latest "firmware" operating system upgrade to my camera from the Kodak website right away). Indeed, I got some great indoor shots of cathedrals (no tripod, no flash, automatic settings).

Be sure to get the $100 rebate, and shop around for CompactFlash cards - the 16MB card that came with mine was grossly inadequate. (A typical 3MP JPEG is around 0.8-1MB)

Dave

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 06:33 PM
e

Thank Dave:
Does anyone else have experience with the
Kodak DC4800?

Thanks in Advance.
El

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 04:49 AM
Dave

I've posted a few photos taken with my DC4800 at:
http://pages/prodigy.net/drsawyers

Keep in mind that these have been reduced/compressed significantly for the internet. The original quality is quite a bit better; but they should give you some idea of the color, focus and low-light abilities.

I'm especially proud of the interior shot of Lincoln Cathedral. This was taken "off-hand" (no tripod, auto settings, no flash) and would never have worked with my P&S 35mm camera.

Old Dec 3rd, 2001, 03:36 PM
El

Hello Everyone:
I just got the dc 4800 for a gift what a great camera and guess what Kodak is
discontinuing it what a big mistake.
El