AVIS' car rental Dirty Tricks

Old Apr 5th, 2014, 03:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AVIS' car rental Dirty Tricks

Made a reservation with Avis for $700 2 months ago.
Yesterday after signing up for a Wizard Number, we call to link
this reservation to the MyAvis account .
No problem says the agent and I'll send you a confirmation email.
Email shows our reservation is now $1400
We made no changes to the car, dates, times, GPS ... nothing was
changed. Only adding the Wizard #.
I call back and the same guy transfers me to some rude customer
service agent who says 'well that's the way it works if you modify your
reservation. You get today's rate'.
Shouldn't your 'expert reservation agent' have told me this before
adding the wizard # ? She says 'well you should have known that was
a modification'
She says she will start a case number for me but I'll have to pay the $1400 and then they will refund me $700. Are you &*@(**_ kidding ?
I'll pay Hertz 3 grand before I give Avis 1 dollar .
Avis is really shady !!
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 06:59 AM

Do you have your original reservation confirmation number?

I don't buy what you say you have been told. I am sure that speaking to the right person would get it corrected.

Staying calm, saying, 'no, I'm not satisfied with that answer. Please transfer me to your supervisor' etc. will get you back to your $700 reservation.

Today, getting someone to take OWNERSHIP of the problem and deal with it can be very difficult to do when you are talking to a call centre and someone being paid minimum wage in India to read from a script. If the answer isn't in their book of sentences they are allowed to say to you, they're lost.

In many cases, they are paid and evaluated based on how many calls they handle per hour. If they can't resolve your issue in 5 minutes what they want more than anything is to hang up and get on to the next call.

Don't expect more from someone who works in a call centre than they are being paid to deliver. Get someone who makes some real money to talk to. That can take patience and persistance.

Avis, Hertz, et al are no different from each other and many other companies. In the name of efficiency they have removed common sense, taking responsibility and the authority to make a decision from the equation.

There is nothing more ironic than the taped message, 'Your call is very important to us, please stay on a the line and a customer service representative will be with you shortly'.
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 11:37 PM

Hi jamgirl

I suggest if you don't get the answer you are looking for, hang up and call back in a few minutes.

I've done this in the past with other problems, and it's worked each time.

You just need to get to speak with someone who can either resolve your problem, or be prepared to pass you on to a superior who has more authority to make decisions.

I've also found that an email to the customer service manager in the organisation can get faster action than working through the call centre itself.

Hope you get the problem sorted, Di