Travel Through South America

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2022, 08:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I'm going to South America for the month of August this year. I'm flying into Quito, Ecuador and flying home from Santiago, Chile. I am wondering what is the best/cheapest way to travel this long-distance? I've looked into flights but they can get quite pricey, and bus travel is a great option as well, except some trips between cities will be quite long. Has anyone traveled similar to this? Hope to hear back with some great tips!

Thanks,
Old Jul 9th, 2022, 02:05 AM

If you are on a budget, bus travel can be your best option but take sensible precautions. Keep valuables with you in the cabin, not in your big backpack which will be stowed out of sight under the bus. Don't leave your day bag in the overhead storage, just keep it between your legs and looped to one leg.
Old Jul 9th, 2022, 02:09 AM

Renting a car is also an option but it's not always a safe and enjoyable means of getting around since road conditions are often unpredictable on long overland routes in much of South America, and urban traffic is so chaotic