Restaurant La Rosa Negra, big dissapointment

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have eaten many times in this up scale restaurant near the Hipodromo de San Isidro.
I order lamb, it was dry and very hard, they told me it was LOMO or filet mignon and it might have been but it was very hard. So very politely they took it away and I ordered something I had eaten there many times:
MIlanesitas de Lomo, a basic for Argentina, they used to prepare this dish very nicely, it comes with a side dish of creamed spinach, ....the milanesitas used to be some 3 inches in diameter, meaning they were from´ ternera that is to say a young cow,.Now I got two 6 inches in diameter milanesas, that looked like food from a fast food
chain, the creamed spinach has been to long in the food processor and was tasteless.
.Service is very good, dessert was good, a creme caramel very nicely done but again the
red fruits preparation was too liquid for me. Boy!! they love the food processor in there.
So I was terribly dissapointed and again had the bad feeling that things are not as they used to be. Not in la Rosa Negra at least.
Old Mar 11th, 2011, 05:02 AM

BIG tourista trap always has been avoid

try one of Gaston Acurio's places next time

like Astrid Y Gaston

Peruvian Fusion food is excellent

or cheaper Sonias for Cebiche.
Old Mar 11th, 2011, 07:06 AM

Graziella: we'll have to agree to disagree, because La Rosa Negra has NEVER disappointed me and I have been going there for DECADES.

I most certainly do NOT consider it a tourist trap. There are some tourists, but the overwhelming majority are locals.

I'll try them again, to confirm if the quality has come down significantly recently, as you suggest.
Old Mar 11th, 2011, 09:46 AM

I can vouch for Astrid Y Gaston, on Lafinur in Palermo. As qwovadis notes, it is EXCELLENT Peruvian fare and the service and atmosphere are wonderful. Many seafood selections, too.

Graziella, we have found that several restaurants have been 'hit or miss' this year...particularly in the quality of the beef. I understand it is due to the move to more Feedlots from Bife de Campo - and it is difficult to know which is available in most restaurants on any given day.

Perhaps, as AV indicates, you hit an off day. We will await his review.

Best,
~Marnie
Old Mar 11th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

I also have eaten there many times, this was lunch time, on a Wednesday right after the long holiday may be I did hit the wrong day however the simple milanesitas de lomo where bad
honestly they looked like a frozen milanesas you get out from a box , the spinach crema was bad and so forth.... I do not wish to make a federal case out of a bad meal, however it was the trend which worries me and dissapoints me.
Old Mar 11th, 2011, 12:33 PM

Understood. ~M