Planning a trip to Mendoza - NeedHelp!!!!!!!

Old Sep 29th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Planning a trip to Mendoza - NeedHelp!!!!!!!

My husband and I and another couple, celebrating a 50th . We are planning a trip to Mendoza . Haven't started any research yet, thinking about late Jan. for a week. Would love some input on hotels and wineries. We like high end hotels and a lot to do. We are major WINO"S.
Old Sep 30th, 2010, 12:04 AM

I haven't stayed there but Cavas Wine Lodge is probably as "high end" as it gets in the region (at a price) http://www.cavaswinelodge.com/english/quienes.htm
The Hyatt is also worth a look.

There are more wine tours on offer than you can shake a stick at so you will be spoilt for choice. I am sure others will jump in with specific recommendations. I won't be cause I was less than impressed with the tour that we took!
Old Sep 30th, 2010, 06:12 AM

The Sheraton and the Hyatt are beautiful. There are also really unique winery hotels like Cavas Wine Lodge and Finca Adalgisa. Wine tasting in the central region is the best as far as a full day excursion. Some other really fun excursions that include wine are horseback riding to the different wineries on a half day tour, or taking a cooking and wine tasting class with a professional chef. Everyone makes their own dish, and then sits down to eat together with numerous bottles of wine. Highly recommended!

Have fun!
Old Sep 30th, 2010, 10:36 AM

The Sheraton and Hyatt while high-end are not in a high-end area and are just like any Sheraton and Hyatt in the world. I would suggest either Cavas Wine Lodge or Finca Adalgisa.
Old Sep 30th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all so much for the info, would love to know where the cooking class and wine tasting are located. Thanks Again
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 08:58 AM

I have been to Mendoza before, and am going again in January. I am also a wino, so I have been doing some research. I have stayed at Fina Adalgisa - very nice. This time we are staying at Casa Glebinas. I would recommend staying in one of these outer suburbs of Mendoza - closer to wineries and more upscale choices. There is no reason to stay in Mendoza. I had attempted to bike to the wineries from the Finca, but it was very hot in December, so I wouldn't recommend it. Often the hotel can find you a driver or arrange wine tours for you. I found the site troutandwine.com that also has small and private tours. I am going to do the Uco valley wine tour this time. Most wineries require reservations and aren't open on weekends, so plan accordingly. I had also found La Posada which is at a winery in the Uco Valley, that also supposedly has an excellent restaurant. One of the tours stops there for lunch and it looked interesting. I would book your hotel and book the tours with their help, giving suggestions as to where you might want to visit.