Need help from BA resident

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would someone be willing to see if the MALBA or the Decorative Arts museum might be open on 12/24/2009 and if so untill what time? I have emailed them, but no response.

Also - I read some where that the trains to Tigre and the boats in Tigre might also be running on Xmas day?

Thank you
Old Jul 29th, 2009, 01:15 PM

Hello,

I dont see why the museums wouldnt be, I would expect they would just close early, the same goes for the trains, but as the Tigre tours are usually run by travel agents they might not be running, I'll check it out for you and get back to you asap!
Old Jul 30th, 2009, 03:46 PM

Ok,I did some investigating and the tours to and in Tigre will be running on the 24th and some of them on the 25th too. Tango venues such as La Ventana and EL viejo Almacen will also be open on the 24th and 25. The museums will be open on the 24th... dont forget that Xmas is high season here in Argentina so the tourism indusrty cant afford to close!

Have a great trip!
Old Jul 31st, 2009, 12:48 PM
Original Poster

Thank you very much - I contacted a guide who was even willing to do a tour on the 25th!

Were the museum hours the same or did they close early?
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 03:43 AM

not_enuf_vaca

The tour in the morning on the 25th will be quiet. the city will sleep till late. In the afternoon, movement will be seen again. Many locals will leave the city on Thursday 24th and spend the weekend in the coast to celebrate Xmas in family.

Last year Museums closed at 12 pm on the 24th and opened again on the 26th. It will be the same this year. As the 26th falls on a Saturday, both the Malba and Fine Arts will open probably around midday. Opening/closing hours for Museums are clear during the year, but probably change in these days. maybe you should ask again in the future.

milla