lima hotel for one night in august

Old May 26th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lima hotel for one night in august

Hello everyone, my wife and I will be in Lima for one night on our way back home after visiting MP. We are staying at the airport hotel upon arrival in Lima since we land at 10pm and fly back out at 8am. On the way back we land at 2pm and leave the next morning for our international flight at 730am, so we would ned to be at the airport by 530. Here is the question, my wife wants to see the beach while we are there that last day, so I am wondering if we should stay at the same airport hotel again and take a taxi to the beach and back, or stay at a hotel near the beach and try to catch a cab at 4am??? Which one would be a better choice? Is it easy to get a cab back to the hotel after a few hours on the beach?

Thanks in advnace for the help, Jeffrey
Old May 26th, 2009, 10:11 AM

It's easy to get a cab at any time in Lima. Many flights leave and arrive in the middle of the night. So I think it might make as much sense to stay near the ocean. BTW I didn't think much of the beach/ocean but then I live in LA. It actually looks a lot like Santa Monica. And the beach surface isn't the soft sand that you might be expecting (at least not below Miraflores, maybe elsewhere?).
Old May 26th, 2009, 10:30 AM

I stayed at the Raddison Decapolis Miraflores for one night at the end of my trip last month. It was 3 blocks from the beach and a few blocks to Lancomar Mall. Very good location and rate, nice hotel w/3 free computers in the business center, restaurant, nice bar. I recommend it. It was an easy cab ride to the airport to catch the plane.

My rate was $119, and for that I got: Superior Guest Room, complimentary breakfast,complimentary in-room High Speed Internet access, $10.00 USD free drinks at hotel bars and restaurants per room per night, business center access, gym access
Old May 26th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick replies!

MLGB, I grew up in LA so i have the same feeling about the ocean, but i married a Kansas girl, so i give her what she asks for
Old May 26th, 2009, 05:52 PM

www.secondhomeperu.com might be a nice choice...