i'm planning a trip (fo two) to Peru in late sept/october, we have four weeks to travel.
My plan so far:
fly in to Lima (tips on what to do around Lima?), make our way to cusco maybe with a stop in between. from cusco we want to do a short 2/3 days trek (if possible to macchu pichu but it might be too late to book) and spend about 5 days in the Amazon.
After that we would like to see the Titicaca-lake area. Thereafter, it seems logical to go to Arequipa in order to take a flight back to Lima, but there might other options? Is it doable to see some of Bolivia from Titicaca in a few days?
Any suggestions on how to travel, what stops on the way we shouldn't miss and other tips and tricks are more than welcome! There are so many travel agencies, tours and possibilities that I almost dont know where to start.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Galapagos in May
- 2 Best way to visit Machu Picchu
- 3 Meal pricing
- 4 tango classes in BA for amateurs
- 5 From Argentina to Antarctica: The Ultimate Expedition
- 6 Galapagos: Land based visit + short cruise - opinions appreciated!
- 7 Advise on first trip to South America
- 8 Visiting Bogota during layover at airport.
- 9 My trip report from Argentina
- 10 La Boca safety question
- 11 Visiting Iguazu Falls
- 12 Lodging Recommendations for Buenos Aires and Mendoza
- 13 Airport transportation
- 14 estancias
- 15 Nuqui Colombia
- 16 Santiago to Valparaiso
- 17 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 18 9 days in Chile & Bolivia
- 19 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 20 Bariloche or Villa La Angostura in Argentina Lake District
- 21 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 22 Hotels in San Pedro de Atacama?
- 23 Need Dinner recommendations for 12 Peru trip
- 24 US to Argentina Nov 28, passport expires March 7, 2018
- 25 Chile -Valparaiso to San Antonio Chile by car