Search

Iguazu Falls

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2023, 04:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iguazu Falls

Hi! We will be in Buenos Aires in October and would like to make a day or overnight trip to see Iguazu Falls. The tour providers that I can find seem to have a no cancellation policy. Anyone know a tour provider that would have a cancellation policy of a few days or a week before?
Thank you!
Old May 6th, 2023, 08:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The falls are spectacular, but you don't need a tour. You can fly there and back, and use buses or taxis when there. It is impossible to get lost actually viewing the falls. You really need at least two nights there, although if you fly up early and back late the next day I suppose you could get by with one, but the falls deserve more.

For my visit see: https://mytimetotravel.wordpress.com...y-spectacular/

For more photos see: https://kwilhelm.smugmug.com/Travel/South-America-2012/Foz-do-Igua%C3%A7u-Iguazu-Brazil/ and https://kwilhelm.smugmug.com/Travel/...a-2012/Iguazu/

Last edited by thursdaysd; May 6th, 2023 at 08:13 PM.
Old May 7th, 2023, 05:24 AM

A day trip is out of the question. Ideally you should try to see both the Brazilian and the Argentine fall. The former can be done in half a day, the latter takes the best part of the day. We have done it several times and I agree with Thursdaysd that you don't need a tour. Once we did it by bus which was easy enough but takes time. we have also visited both sides by taxi. You can easily agree a deal with a driver for drop off and pick up from both entrances. It is cheap and efficient. Last time there we agreed a price for the two day with the driver who picked us up from the airport - both falls + return to the airport. Cant recall how much we paid but it was great value.

Ideally you need two nights stay in Iguazu but I suppose t=you could squeeze in both sides by getting a very early flight to PI , checking out the Brazil Falls on the first afternoon, overnight in Puerto Iguazu and then a full day at the Argentine park and taxi direct to the airport for flight to BA.

Do check the current status of the falls as I recall that large parts were closed due to flood damage inc the renowned Garganta de Diablo. Not sure if they are now open.
Old May 10th, 2023, 02:50 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your advice!
Old May 10th, 2023, 03:50 AM
Original Poster

Thank you!