Ecuadorian Rainforest?

Old Jun 26th, 2022, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ecuadorian Rainforest?

Hi, I have some time already booked to tour the Galapagos Islands next February (2023). I am wondering if anyone has visited the Amazonian rainforest from Quito and what they recommend? I have been looking at some of the ecolodges around Yasuni Park and, traveling alone, costs are about $1000 pp/pn. That's steep so wondering if anyone has done this and if it's worth the high cost? Also - should one visit the amazon before or after Galapagos? TIA!

Thanks.
Old Jun 29th, 2022, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ecuador Amazon

Visiting the Amazon via Ecuador is awesome and has its benefits. I have been out that way several times. The price you are being quoted seems a bit high though, a stiff single supplement I suppose?
What makes Ecuador a great spot is that you can reach primary forest relatively easily and the facilities are great. Check out Sacha Lodge, Kapawi, La Selva, or either of the Napo centers for the best overall experience. Sani Lodge is still really nice and could save you a few bucks.

Last edited by GalapagosGuy; Jun 29th, 2022 at 01:55 PM.