Cusco Experiences

Aug 30th, 2019, 02:04 PM
Original Poster

Cusco Experiences

My husband and I will be celebrating his 60th birthday in Cusco and I was wondering if any of you had a super special experience there...We have a guide to see the tourist's spot. I'm also looking for a special occasion restaurant. Many Thanks!!
Aug 30th, 2019, 04:38 PM
kja

Unless you're there for Corpus Christi, I don't think I have any special recommendations for you, but I certainly enjoyed Cusco and you might find some useful information in my trip report. The section on Cusco starts with post # 103
Praise for Peru A report of my solo month in this amazing country
Aug 31st, 2019, 12:54 PM
Original Poster

I think I'll settle down with a pisco and enjoy this. Many thanks!!
Aug 31st, 2019, 02:10 PM
kja

My trip report? It's LONG -- please, don't keep refreshing your pisco. I hope you enjoy it -- let me know!
Sep 1st, 2019, 03:41 AM

I have spent a lot of time in Cusco and love the city, however, I struggle to think of any "special experiences" it is not really that sort of place. Perhaps a cooking course if that is his thing? I would just enjoy the ambience of the place and perhaps enjoy a few Pisco sours in one of the many bars before heading off for dinner. Fallen Angel is quite funky and serves good cocktails. If you ever tire of Pisco Sours, do try a Chilcano.

For dinner, we like Chicha por Gaston Acurio, the world renowned Peruvian chef. Nice atmosphere and a great take on modern Peruvian cuisine. The Cuy 3 ways was a great way to try Guinea Pig.

The restaurant scene in Cusco is ever changing so I would check out TA or similar. I would avoid the restaurants around the Plaza de Armas (the ones with the waiters trying to drag in random passers by. They may have great views, but are always expensive and the food is usually lacklustre.
Sep 1st, 2019, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

THanks so much!!