Buying tickets in advance - Peru

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. We are family of 4, we are going to Peru on 26.05-08.06. I have planned itinerary already and I am wondering if it's right time to book flight tickets with Star Peru. The prices are going up already. Is it any chance that they will go down again? The other concern are MP tickets. I need 2 adults and two teenagers inder 18 tickets. Because I can't buy them online do you think that I'll be able to get them once we arrive to Lima which is 2 days before we'd like to visit MP. I need MP tickets only. Thanks for reply.
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 08:22 AM

I would see if your hotel in the Sacred Valley or any tour operators you're using in that area can purchase your MP tickets for you ASAP. I would not risk waiting until you're in Peru - they could be sold out.
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 10:56 PM

Most airlines these days use dynamic pricing programs which basically means that prices will rise as they sell seats and fewer become available closer to departure but that prices COULD drop a few days or even week before departure. You may be lucky, or not! I assume that you are referring to flights from Lima to Cusco, in which case we booked ours online with Lan on arrival in Lima ( and picked up the tickets at a supermarket checkout!) . This was 5 years ago and things may have changed but there was plenty of availability as, when we arrived at the airport the staff were wandering around the departures area asking if people wanted to go on earlier flights as there were plenty of empty seats.

We had a good experience with Star when flying from Arequipa, the staff in the office were very helpful, the tickets a lot cheaper than Lan and, the biggest surprise of all, flights left on time!
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 10:10 AM

Hi,

Yes, Star Peru is definitely the best choice for getting to cusco at a decent price but generally their prices continue to rise closer to the date of travel, so I would reccomend you book as soon as possible. They also offer the cheapest air fares from Cusco to Lima.

I agree with the comment above, try to get a hotel or agency to book your Machu Picchu tickets as you are travelling at the start of peak season and tickets usually go fast in this period.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 11:20 AM

I keep an eye on those prices and consistently has been around $140 return plus taxes on Star Peru.

There is a new service starting up by LC Peru (formerly LC Busre) with one flight daily that is less expensive.

But, if this is your one and only trip to Peru and with a relatively short time frame I would probably not go with an airline that has only one daily flight. But if any wants to give it a try

http://www.lcperu.pe
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Original Poster

thank you very much for replies. Above airlines tariff is cheap only for return trip. One way works out the same as Star Peru and as you mentioned it's bit risky to go with the company which goes one per day. Thank you.