Buenos Aires in late April/early May

Old Feb 6th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buenos Aires in late April/early May

My husband and I are planning a trip to Buenos Aires in late April or early May. Will the weather be warm enough to swim? Many of the apartments we are looking at have swimming pools, but if we're not able to use them.... I know it won't be hot at that time, but not sure just how warm/cool it will be.
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 05:54 AM

As you know, the weather is unpredictable (about six months ago we had summer temperatures in the middle of our winter), but NORMALLY late April or early May do NOT offer open swimming pool weather in BA.

Have a great time in our town.
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your reply avrooster. I recognize your name from previous postings. Do you still do that amazing tour? I could not find it on the site.
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 10:15 AM

Hi, Upsidedown!

Thank you for calling my "The REAL Buenos Aires" tour "amazing". I've had it called other not so pleasant names.

You didn't go back far enough to find it. Here you are: http://www.fodors.com/community/sout...enos-aires.cfm

The "cartonero train", which was the main feature of my tour, no longer exists, which is why I don't do my tour anymore, at least in that form.

Have a great time in our country with your DH.
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 10:37 AM

We are currently staying in an apartment in BA. We love <3 our apartment.
The location, the balcony (where, I are sipping wine as I answer your inquiry), the views, etc. are truly wonderful. But, the rooftop outdoor pool is not kept to N.American standards. Nor was the pool at our hotel in Puerto Iguazu at the world famous waterfalls. If, you want a well kept pool, I think you would have to stay at a five star international hotel.
Old Feb 8th, 2010, 01:59 AM

We were in an apartment in BA in Dec 08 and really could have done with a pool. There was one on the roof as promised in the agents details but it was closed off and unavailable. The owner told us it would not be open until the next month. If a pool is importnat to you I would be inclined to email the agent to ask specifically if the pool will be open and functioning before parting with any cash. In our case the pool was more like a large bath and much smaller than it appeared online (wide angle lense effect?)
Old Feb 8th, 2010, 05:24 AM
Original Poster

Thank you everybody for your info on pools. According to avrooster, the time of year we are going to be there is not really swimming weather, so I shall leave my suit at home. We had found an apartment which we were very interested in which does not have a pool, so I think I will go ahead and book it.

I looked at your older posting avrooster and I'm sorry that you're no longer doing the tour. We just booked our tickets yesterday so we arrive for 12 days on April 23. It would be great to meet up with you at some point during our visit - if only for a coffee or a glass of Argentinian wine so we can get a feel of the "real" BA from a very proud local.