Argentina to Peru and back - visa, entry fee questions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At end of daughter's 6-month student stay in Buenos Aires she wants to go to Machu Pichu, back to Argentina for a night or 2 to pick up luggage, etc, and then home to US. She will have necessary visa/documentation for stay of that length in Argentina. Will she have any trouble getting back into Argentina on her student visa and will she have to pay the entry fee again? She has to go back to Argentina from Peru as her flight home is already booked for mid-December from BA and she has about 99 pounds of luggage in BA she will need to pick up. Or where could she find definitive info on the above question.
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 03:10 AM

I'd say that since your DD has the "necessary visa/documentation for stay of that length", she shouldn't have any trouble at all returning to Argentina and I'm sure she doesn't have to pay the entry fee again, but I'll ask Milla, one of this forum's experts on these matters, to enlighten us on the subject.

Have a great time in our country.
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again. You have been unbelievably helpful as our daughter planned and embarked on her stay in your country. I am looking forward to my brief time in Buenos Aires. The documentation/visa was necessary since she is staying longer than days and was allowed since she is a student. It involved 2 visits to 2 differnt government offices but now she is allowed to stay for length of the semester.

Since UBA students are on strike, a couple of classes have not met in 10 days - I think she is spending her time enjoying the very favorable exchange rate US to peso - shopping and eating.
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 11:02 AM

Milla is having some trouble with her fancy computer (I believe she is a Mac girl, LOL!!!), but she essentially confirmed what I told you.

Have a great time in our country.
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 05:53 PM

Hi Gail, the stamp in her US passport will be good for 10 years. No more paying until the 10 years are up
Old Sep 18th, 2010, 03:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks again - good thing she will not have to pay because she is currently off to Uruguay for the weekend - I wish I had her sense of adventure and bilingual skills at her age (or any age for that matter)