Anybody done the Foxity Tour in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This ride-around with recorded commentary tour passes by most of the main attractions between Notre Dame and the Arc de Triomphe on the right bank, and over to the Eiffel Tower and Invalides on the left. It takes less than two hours and is inexpensive.

http://www.foxity.com/en

Good friends are leaving soon for their first trip to Paris and have asked me about this tour as an overview/orientation. It looks pretty good to me for that purpose, but I'd love to hear about anyone's experience with it pro or con.

Thanks.
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 02:14 PM

Yes, we did it in 2009. Even tho we had been in Paris 9 years previously, we enjoyed the tour very much. We were not interested in hop on hop off tours, just a good overview of the city. When we do these kind of tours, we generally do them on our day of arrival. It gives us a plan for the day without taxing us after an overnight flight.
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Original Poster

gh21 - Thanks for your response. Did you just turn up for the tour or had you reserved in advance?
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 03:46 PM

We did it last May. We were with a couple new to Paris and we went the morning after our arrival to give them an overview of the city. They seemed to enjoy it, and I actually realized that it took me several visits to Paris, riding the Metro, to get as good of a feel for the layout of the city as they got in an hour and a half. Riding the Metro is sort of like being a groundhog; you only see tunnels and what you can see when you pop out of your hole.

We did reserve in advance, but I don't know if it was necessary, as we showed up a bit early and they welcomed us on an almost empty bus.
Old Apr 15th, 2012, 05:41 AM

We are planning to do the Foxcity tour on the afternoon of arrival with our grandson next month. We also thought it would be a good activity to do on the first day to combat jet lag. Sounds like it will work out for us just right.

Jo
Old Apr 15th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Original Poster

Thanks nukesafe. Now that you mention it, I remember your great trip report from that trip. I completely agree about trying to stay above ground when moving around the city and have already printed out some bus routes for our friends to use while there.

ParisJo - Your idea of doing this tour on the first day sounds good if you can stay awake. Have fun with your grandson. Two of my favorite visits to Paris have been with granddaughters.
Old May 9th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

Just reporting back... Our friends did the Foxity tour on their arrival afternoon and thought it a great way to get a quick overview and orientation to the city.
Old May 9th, 2012, 03:20 PM

bookmarking