from airport Montego Bay to Couples Swept Away in Negri

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am traveling to Couples Swept Away in Negri in early June for a wedding. I am looking for a way to get from the airport to the resort. The package that that is being offered has a shuttle - sounds like it takes a hour and a half. Just looking into other options. Usually I spend a lot of time searching for best area, resort etc. but this is all quite set and part ot the wedding. Also, anyone familiar with resort? It is worth it to upgrade to a ocean view room? I appreciate any information to make the trip most enjoyable. What about restaruants on the resort? Thanks for all your help.
Old Nov 20th, 2009, 10:43 PM

Since your resort is one of the AI's - and assume the shuttle cost is included in your package - that is probably your best bet. The hour-and-a-half time listed is pretty much the standard time it takes - there's traffic in MoBay to contend with, then a few small towns to drive thru. There may be a delay if you have a wait until rest of passengers clear customs, so shuttle bus is full, before it leaves.

Some prefer a taxi to a shuttle bus. You don't have to wait on rest of bus passengers. Plus you can have driver stop for food, bathroom, groceries, drinks - at your will, not the whole groups. I use taxis since I stay at local hotels where shuttle price is not included.

I highly recommend Clive's Service - he runs a dependable, safe, business. http://www.clivestransportservicejamaica.com/
His vehicles all are fairly new - good AC will be a life-saver in June. Standard price is $20US/person for 2 people - discounts if larger group, like a whole wedding party.
Old Nov 20th, 2009, 10:49 PM

I forgot, there is also a small-plane service from MoBay to Negril. Timair.com is one - may be others. Never used it because pretty expensive, and I like taxi driver to make a few stops for me. But I have read TripAdvisor posts that said was picturesqe flight, and only takes maybe 20-minutes.
Old Nov 21st, 2009, 03:35 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the information. I especially appreciate the name of the driver.
Old Nov 21st, 2009, 11:04 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Clive's gets consistantly good comments on various forums. The 90 mins is just what it takes to get between Montego Bay and Negril (unless you fly). I've not done it yet but have been researching myself for a trip next year.
Old Nov 21st, 2009, 12:04 PM

I would recommend the transfer over the air service. Once you get out of MoBay, much of the ride is lush, scenic coastline which you won't want to miss.
Old Nov 21st, 2009, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for all the input - I think we will relax, take the trasfer and enjoy the ride!
Old Nov 22nd, 2009, 01:52 AM

for a wealth of information about Couples Swept Away...http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=2

this is the link to the Official Couples Resorts Forums. Anything you ever need to know about any Couples related issue can be found there.
Old Nov 22nd, 2009, 03:54 AM
Original Poster

Thank you - good information
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 04:13 PM

you will go to the couples waiting area in the airport where you will be offered complimentary drinks while you wait for the shuttle. they will stop about half way for a rest break and jerk chicken and drinks if you like. its a nice senic ride. i always ask if i can sit up front and usually get a view of everything on the way. swept away is a great place, you'll have fun!