Montego Bay Airport to Negril at Night

Old Oct 24th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Montego Bay Airport to Negril at Night

Traveling from the West Coast, we have the option of an overnight flight or arrival around 8 pm in Montego Bay. Any issues with transportation from MBJ airport to Negril in the evening? We wondered if it made any sense to spend the night in Montego Bay. We haven't yet decided on hotel so can't inquire there. Thank you.
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 05:47 PM

I think as long as you book ahead, you'll be fine. I'd look for a personal recommendation from someone here. We've always booked our transfers with the taxi company located directly across the street from Coco La Palm. Unfortunately, I didn't keep the names of any of the wonderful drivers we've used, but maybe someone else has those, or a different recommendation. Have a great time in Negril!
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 06:17 PM
KVR

When you chose your hotel, you might inquire if they provide round trip transfers. When we went to Negril, we arrived around 7pm. Our hotel provided transfers so no problem getting to Negril. The driver did not make the 'routine' stop half-way due it being nightfall and nothing was open at that hour.
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 01:23 AM

In the past have done this with

rockhousehotel.com safest best for me

to have your hotel pick you up.

They meet you with a sign very comforting.

I do not share cabs or use unlabeled cabs

Labeled cabs only from taxi stands there for me

booking.com has nice hotels with free airport shuttles too

another good option for an overnite...

Folks do see a lot more neat stuff in Daylight you could

visit/climb Dunn's River Falls the next day...

That is what I would do. Happy Travels!
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 01:31 AM

http://www.paradiseresortsjamaica.co...y/paradisehill

good moderate with shuttle 5-10 minutes from Sangster airport

think I paid $70 for an overnite off seasoon last there.
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 12:47 PM

I'd like to second the recommendation to simply ask your hotel for a recommendation, although you'll pay a bit more for it. And yes, I also agree with the recommendation NOT to go with any unlabeled cabs, either at the airport or in Negril. Although we've never had any serious problems over the years, we've found that many of the unlabeled cabs don't carry insurance, and some try to take advantage of naive visitors.
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 12:08 PM

I was in the same situation (Seattle). I decided to do a red-eye thru Atlanta, so I arrived MoBay about 11am the next morning rather than getting in late at night.

I would NOT stay in Montego Bay. If you decide to do it... I'd just arrange transportation and get to Negril that same night. I used Clives. A shared shuttle is $30 per person and can be reserved online in advance.

The drive out to Negril is beautiful, would be kind of ashame to do it in the dark. Not to mention personally I wouldn't be particularly comfortable arriving Montego Bay late at night anyways.
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 11:59 PM

We travelled by night from MBJ to Negril after arriving from the UK this past March and had no issues. We used a company recommended on this forum, Clives Transportation. You have the option of sharing the taxi or booking one for yourself. We chose to share but ended up being the only ones on the way out. We arrived on a particularly awful evening weatherwise and the other couples flight was diverted to Grand Cayman so thats why we ended up being the only ones.

We were met with a sign and we were offered a cold drink during the transfer, we used them on the way back too. They were alot more reasonable than the transfers offered by hotels.
Old Nov 18th, 2011, 12:42 PM

We used Clive's as well. Very safe driver. Highly recommended.