sea princess cruise/alcohol

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are sailing on the sea princess this week. We are wondering if it is possible to take some alcohol on board. Yes, I know we can buy a stateroom pint, but figure we wanted our own bottle.Also, how much do mixed drinks on board run?
Also, is there dry cleaning available on ship. (Husband says if he spills something on suit). Karen
Old Feb 11th, 2007, 08:47 AM

You are not able to take alchol. The bags are scanned and if any found it is destroyed. If you buy some bottles at Duty Free when shopping when you return to ship they hold them with your room number until morning of depature. Drinks are expensive. We have cruise Royal Carribean and Norweign before and they both charge 15% gratuity to all drinks. Average drink was over $6.00 and beer was around $5.00 Hope this helps. Have a great trip.
Old Feb 11th, 2007, 03:39 PM

Yes there is dry cleaning.
Old Feb 11th, 2007, 05:02 PM

We didn't sailt he sea Princess but just returned from NCL cruise. We did take in our suitcases 2 small bottles of wine. They were not taken, and the steward knew we had them. No one said a word. They usually have drink specials and one day they had buy one get one free. Not a usual thing, but there are specials everyday, running about $5.00 with an automatic 15% gratuity. Yes there is dry cleaning.
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 04:31 AM

NCL scans luggage for booze. If they see it in your luggage you are notified to come get your luggage. They you are told to remove the booze which they hold for you til last morning. They do not destroy it!
cruisecritic.com just did an 'article'/survey about this. Not all ships are like NCL. Go there and you can get info on what certain ships allow- ie. beer, wine, etc.
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 09:52 AM

We were on the Sea Princess a few weeks ago. I bought bottles of Vodka and Irish Whiskey in St. Maarten and fully expected it to be taken and given back to me at the end, but they just gave it back to me at security then and there. So I think it is the luck of the draw on Princess (I have had it taken and returned later before).
I disagree that drinks are expensive. Depends on what you are used to at home I guess. They started at $4.50 and there is always a drink special.
Old Feb 16th, 2007, 03:52 AM

We are first time cruisers this summer on Golden Princess. In their "contract", Princess states that you can bring all the wine and champagne that you want - for use in your cabin. There is a corkage if you carry a bottle around and sit in a lounge or by the pool. Beer prices start around $3.50 according to a phone call to Princess. You can also bring on board soft drinks for the room.