Search

Blue Jeans in Costa Rica?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue Jeans in Costa Rica?

We are leaving on Feb. 22 for a two week tour of Costa Rica. Would blue jeans be practical to take to Costa Rica? Practical in this sense: will it be too hot to wear jeans? I'm leaving from a cold climate in the states. Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 12:37 PM

Just wear them on the plane so you can wear the same pair on the return trip. I think it will be too hot for jeans unless you go to very high altitutdes where it may get chilly at night. I'm not the best person to give you climate info.
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 01:21 PM

You'd get more use out of something like cargo pants, those you could wear if you horseback ride or at night in the cooler areas in CR. I don't know where you're going but I'd take something lighter myself.
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 02:43 PM

jeans would be a little toasty!
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 04:22 PM

You haven't said where you will be, but by the end of February, you are moving into the warmest time of year. I'd take a pair of long trousers, but not denim.
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 06:20 PM

If you plan to ride horses, you may need them, otherwise they're not needed. When we go cold to hot, we wear long sleeved shirt, fleece or sweatshirt, and light weight knit or cotton pants. Put short sleeves in carry on.
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 06:59 AM

I typically wear my jeans on the plane, with a tank top/sleeveless top, under my fleece jacket. Jacket comes off the minute we hit the ground!

I then usually change back into my jeans in the airport before departure for home.

The jeans tend to stay damp throughout the entire trip. So during the trip I wear a lighter quick dry fabric pant or light weight khaki pant, for cooler evenings in higher altitudes or for horseback riding or for early morning/early evening hikes.
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 04:40 PM

I have a pair of very lightweight denim capris that I've worn in CR for years. They've been very handy in the cooler climates, especially central valley. Great for the plane. . .they're just so darned comfy I hate to leave them at home. I agree the cargo zipoff pants are really nice to have, though. Those pantleg pockets come in very handy. I've carried a lot of $$ in there before along with my credit card, and I figure it's a fairly safe location!