Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

massage on Kauai-house calls. where to have view lunch after landing.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Auntie Maria, or anyone out there. Does anyone know of a good massage therapist on Kauai that will come to where we are staying. I would like to treat some family after traveling from the UK all the way to Hawaii to a lomi lomi (sp?) massage. But not at a hotel, but in our garden at our rental. I assume most are lisenced in massage therapy as they have to be in other US states. Also, we will be arriving at around lunch time, and would like to go directly to an ocean view lunch before going to the market in Kapaa or PrinceVille on our way to our rental in Haena.Thanks!! M.
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 12:37 PM

Kal, are you making house calls?
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 01:31 PM

Restaurant (Bali Hai) and bar (Happy Talk) at Hanalei Bay Resort have knockyour soxoff views, and are open air, which your UK relatives may prefer. As far as I know, Bali Hai is still open at lunchtime, but check. The grounds are lovely--one of the most stunning views anywhere is walking to HBR's lower tennis courts, past the flower covered trellis, to where the paved path down to the beach starts, There you are surrounded by gorgeous vegetation and in the distance, views of ocean and Bali Hai. There's usually plenty of (free) parking at HBR during the day, and you'll have just a short detour off the main highway toward Haena.
Suggest you shop in Kapaa instead of at the Princeville Mkt to save money.
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 03:06 PM

Next time we go to Kauai we are going to look up Angeline's mu'olaulani for lomi lomi as I'm told they are some of the best. You could call them or e-mail them and see if they can arrange house-calls. 808.822.8235 e-mail: [email protected].

At our GTG last year auntiem mentioned to me someone who lives in Hanalei who is world famous for his lomi-lomi. I can't remember his name now. Maybe she'll come on and post.

-Bill
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 06:25 AM

ttt
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 06:42 AM

For traditional Hawaiian lomilomi massage, you can't go wrong with either Aunty Angeline's `ohana in Anahola, or Hanalei's Allan Alapai:
http://www.allenalapai.com/
You'll need to contact them directly to find out about outcall massage. If neither of them offer outcall, Tracey Schavone is another excellent choice:
http://www.kauaioutcallmassage.com/

Now then...lunch with a view, upon arrival.
Duke's Canoe Club (Marriott Hotel, Nawiliwili) offers bay view and the hustle-bustle of our island's commercial harbor.

Or there's Scotty's BBQ in Kapa`a -- awesome ocean views and we like the food (although some folks have posted here that they don't think it's authentic enough for USA tastebuds).

Have a _great_ time on Kaua`i!