Looking for quiet B&B or hostel in Lisbon

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2024, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for some suggestions for hostels, hotels or B&B's near the tourist landmarks in Lisbon. I had asked a question earlier about this but didn't elaborate enough I guess on what I was looking for though....

My only real requirements would be it be a quiet area / hotel / hostel (so maybe not right near big tourist attractions or a lot of restaurants), have easy access to public transprotation (metro and busses) and be reasonably priced (under $100 a night if possible -- don't care about extras like included breakfasts, and I don't mind taking public transport to and from the hotel to access major landmarks as the quiet and security are more important to me than the extra time spent on the train/bus as long as it's reasonable as I'll mostly be out during daylight hours anyway), so something out of the way is OK too.

Last edited by sirhawkeye64; May 22nd, 2024 at 11:24 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2024, 11:43 AM
mjs

Are you solo? What time of year? Do not have the same needs as you so have no recommendations but you are not going to find a Bed and breakfast or hotel for under $100 a night in central London. Look at hostels
Old May 22nd, 2024, 12:01 PM

On your other thread, poster aulop (a Portugal expert) suggested that you do a search on booking.com.
Your other thread:
Affordable hostels / hotels in Lisbon Portugal

On www.booking.com, at the top, change the language to US, the default currency to dollars and on the left side, the maximum price to $100 USD, put in your exact dates, then the number of guests (is it just you?), then see what appears.

After you're given the options for $100 or less, then at the top again switch from the default " sort by our top picks", to "top reviewed" (very important!) to see the very best of the lot, the top rated, according to guest feedback.

Unfortunately the Baixa can be a very noisy neighborhood and parts of Chiado as well.

Your search results may indicate far flung neighborhoods, such as Avenida Novas, so for each result, click on "show on map" to see how far each lodging would be in kilometers from the Baixa neighborhood or where the closest metro stop would be. The Lisbon metro is cheap and efficient so if the lodging is close to a metro stop, you'll be fine since you say you don't mind not being in the middle of the action.

Santa Maria Maior would be the closest neighborhood.

As for comfort level, any place with a review score of 8.5 or more should be very comfortable for that price.

For each result that seems appealing, like the "Lisbon Central Hostel" that came up in my search. for example, click to the right, under "Wonderful" (its reader classification) for this hostel to see all the reviews of the property and then select a topic, you'll need to click on "show more" to see the comments about "quiet". The Lisbon Central Hostel is deemed "quiet" from its reviewers.

This is how I use booking.com for my lodging searches.

One can only review a property on booking.com if one has actually booked with booking.com and stayed there, so no fake reviews.

Last edited by Maribel; May 22nd, 2024 at 12:26 PM.