Wedding near Milan

Search

Wedding near Milan

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12th, 2024, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wedding near Milan

hello! my daughter will getting married near Milan or in Milan, next year; her and her fiance are looking for venues in that area; he is from Italy.
any leads will be helpful,

thanks,

SusieBGood
Old Apr 12th, 2024, 10:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm going to assume the lad can organise the necessary documentation to handle the actual wedding element to ensure correct paper work etc etc. I'd also assume that any tribunal would want to know that the bride speaks very good Italian or they will need to hire an official translator. Some 15 years ago we found, on the web, a tribunal lawyer who would do this for E250

Then you need to know is it a church wedding with official documentation ceremony or just the official ceremony. The former is the more normal. Hence you might need to find two or just one place.

Numbers and time of year is the next question. What suits 4 people might not suit 250 people. Given that the groom is Italian he might have a seriously large number of people who "need" to attend one of the potentially three elements, the church, the signing, the party. You need 4 minimum because you need two witnesses present who know the couple, no dragging people in off the street like in Las Vegas.

Time; any good venue will be booked ahead 6 months into the future, so unless the lad or his family knows someone who knows someone you need to be thinking that far ahead and remember that documents get lost errors get made especially if other, local, people also want to get a booking in. The benefit of having someone on the ground is they can ensure that doesn't happen.

Milan. An expensive place. I'd look into agriturismo.it or similar for the party, but a friend of mine hired a castle. We did similarly in Puglia and hired a masseria.

Last edited by bilboburgler; Apr 12th, 2024 at 10:51 PM.
Old Apr 13th, 2024, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the info! I found out that they will be legally married in the States and do a symbolic ceremony in Milan...My daughter is pretty fluent in Italian. They seem to know what's going on, which is good!
Old Apr 13th, 2024, 12:36 PM

Congratulations! That sounds lovely.
Like others have stated, What time of year, how many guests, what kind of ambiance is desired and most importantly, what kind of budget would be available?

We were recently in Lake Como and it was wedding central. Brides and Grooms were being photographed at all the towns we went to. We stayed in Varenna and watched them set up a huge wedding at Villa Cipressi, but they also had one at our hotel, The Royal Victoria, for about 40 guests that seemed more modest but had a beautifully decorated room and a gorgeous view. A hotel is nice because everyone can stay on site and you are protected from the weather. But if a more private, low key, natural setting is desired, the agriturismos would be a wonderful option.

I think transportation options would be an important element to consider. Good luck!
Old Apr 13th, 2024, 10:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
what sort of ceremony, Elton John or just a person with a bandiera draped over them?

Basically just a party near Milan, why on earth Milan?

From my experience if the lad is from Milan environs his family will take charge and organise everything in the local town, including any local rituals.
Old Apr 15th, 2024, 05:21 AM
Original Poster

Wedding in/near Milan

They are looking for end of June 2025, beginning of July; Around 70 people; Low key ceremony/celebration. People coming from the States and Milan and surrounding areas. Nothing much going on in the town where he's from, so they would prefer a place with more to do. Bride and groom in their late 30s. (which means they'll be planning most everything!--YAY!)