Milan - Last Supper tix

Search

Milan - Last Supper tix

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2024, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Milan - Last Supper tix

We are only going to be in Milan for one full day (two nights), and we'd like to see the Last Supper. Looks like tickets are released on a quarterly basis - so right now they're not available for our date in early September. Anyone know when the tickets go on sale for each quarter? I can't seem to find that information on the museum website.
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 09:38 AM

When the time gets closer the website will give the date for the next release. As an example, we were looking for dates in the middle of May but tickets were not released until March 20... and the earlier your dates are in that particular quarter, the faster they are scooped up, so be aware. On March 20, they were released at noon Milan time and I'm in Calif. so perhaps you'll be able to get in closer to their time so that you can snag what you need. You might want to have your account set up ahead of time so that you can log in easily the day of.

https://cenacolovinciano.vivaticket....51991?idt=2547
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 09:41 AM

Check around mid-June for tickets in Aug, Sept, Oct. We were looking for March tickets, and they were available December 18th; currently the availability date was March 20th. Also, check every Wednesday at noon, CET or CEST zone as tickets are released then but go quickly.
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 10:09 AM

The tickets do sell out very quickly, often the first day they're available. I thought I had it figured out, which day they would go on sale. Turns out they had gone on sale one day earlier and were already sold out. If this happens, do what I did, which was to buy a tour. This actually turned out well. The guide was excellent and gave a lot of interesting information, plus the tour included a couple other things I was interested in. It saved me from missing out.
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 10:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SusanP
The tickets do sell out very quickly, often the first day they're available. I thought I had it figured out, which day they would go on sale. Turns out they had gone on sale one day earlier and were already sold out. If this happens, do what I did, which was to buy a tour.
I don't tend to plan trips very far in advance, so I also couldn't get Last Supper tickets and like SusanP had to book a tour. It worked out well for me. I found a just-the-basics tour on Viator, deduced the local company and ended up booking directly with them (rather than through Viator).
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Leely2
I don't tend to plan trips very far in advance, so I also couldn't get Last Supper tickets and like SusanP had to book a tour. It worked out well for me. I found a just-the-basics tour on Viator, deduced the local company and ended up booking directly with them (rather than through Viator).
I had to do the same as Leely and SusanP, and booked directly with the tour company. FYI, more than likely, the Last Supper portion of the tour will be in the last 30 minutes We had people complain that it wasn't first, which, come on! But the tourguide was informative and not a waste - even saw things I would have overlooked.
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 01:47 PM

SusanP, Leely2, and Travel_Nerd, which tour companies did you use? We plan on visiting Milan next May and would love to see The Last Supper.
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by KarenWoo
SusanP, Leely2, and Travel_Nerd, which tour companies did you use? We plan on visiting Milan next May and would love to see The Last Supper.
Karen, I had to dig for it (it was in 2017!). I went with Veditalia. Have not checked whether they are still in business or any current reviews of them.
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Travel_Nerd
Karen, I had to dig for it (it was in 2017!). I went with Veditalia. Have not checked whether they are still in business or any current reviews of them.
Thank you! I checked and they are still in business.
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 03:22 PM

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KarenWoo
I used Viator to see The Last Supper. Tickets were already sold out online. My tour was just TLS and a walk through the adjoining church. Think I paid about $75, expensive but worth it if you really want to see it, LOL!
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by joannyc
I used Viator to see The Last Supper. Tickets were already sold out online. My tour was just TLS and a walk through the adjoining church. Think I paid about $75, expensive but worth it if you really want to see it, LOL!
Thank you! This is helpful information because it sounds like you have to be checking online on a regular basis to know when they go on sale for your date.
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 04:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Travel_Nerd
I just checked, it was 2018 - also used Veditalia! 44 euros, Last Supper and Chiesa di Santa Maria delle Grazie only. I visited the other nearby sites--Basilica di Sant'Ambrogio and Chiesa di San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore--on my own as I tend to like to linger. I guess not a great deal cost-wise, but given the relative last-minute nature of my trip, I was fine with it. Worth it to me.
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 07:50 PM

Mine was September of 2019. I will see if I can find it.
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 09:00 PM

Karen, I did some checking but couldn't find the company I used. In addition to the Last Supper, the tour included Chiesa di San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore, great, beautiful frescoes, although the history is depressing. The nuns lived behind a screen which they could peek through for services but had no contact with the outside world. Plus, only 10% of them were there because they felt a calling and wanted to be there. The other 90% were there because their families couldn't find a suitable marriage for them, so they were forced into the convent. I only know all this because of the excellent guide. It also included just the outside of Castle Sforzesco, where the guide also gave a lot of info.
Old Apr 7th, 2024, 02:51 AM

We went in 2015 and I ended up using a tour too because my efforts to snag tickets was frustratingly impossible, even with pre-planning. I swear I checked every hour on the hour for a month for the ticket release, but the Last Supper tix came and went in seconds, probably because they were being bought up by tour companies.

The company I used is still in some sort of travel business, but it looks as though they are not doing that end of travel planning anymore. Their website is now so buggy, I won't even list it. However, I'm sure other companies are offering the same one.

This is the exact tour we bought as quoted in my email confirmation.

MILAN'S GRAN TOUR

3,5 hrs Guided bus and walking tour for a panoramic view of the city with two-language speaking tour guide. The 1 hour walking tour includes a visit of The Scala, Duomo and the Vittorio Emanuele II Gallery and Sforza castle. This tour includes also a guided visit to "The Last Supper", the world-famous frescoe of Leonardo da Vinci, located near the Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie.

MORNING PROGRAM: 9.30 Departure Foro Bonaparte,76 (MM1, Cairoli stop - MM2 Lanza stop)
  • Panoramic Tour of the city by bus. Itinerary : Arco della Pace, Cadorna, Basiliche di Santa Maria delle Grazie e Sant'Ambrogio, Corso Venezia, Piazza San Babila, Piazza Fontana.
  • Walking guided tour of the city centre with entrante to the Museum of Teatro alla Scala, Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, Duomo and Castello Sforzesco
  • 12.00 Bus transfer to the Basilica di Santa Maria delle Grazie
  • 12.30 Entrance to Leonardo da Vinci's "Last Supper"
  • 13.00 Tour end in Foro Bonaparte
Cost in 2015 was 85 Euros per adult.

An alternative tour quoted in that email was...

ON FOOTSTEPS OF LEONARDO

Take advantage of this unique opportunity to discover the artistic side of Leonardo da Vinci through his Milanese works; the Sala di Leonardo at Pinacoteca Ambrosiana, the famous Last Supper at the Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie and the “Atlantic Codex”.

An unmissable voyage back in time in Leonardo da Vinci footsteps around Milan, your tour begins with the "Sala di Leonardo" and the Atlantic Codex, the most extensive collection of Leonardo’s manuscripts; it contains studies covering mathematics, anatomy, botanic, machine design, studies on the flights of birds and architectural projects.

You will then continue to the Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie, where you will admire The Last Supper, Leonardo da Vinci's masterpiece. Housed at Santa Maria delle Grazie, the Last Supper has earned a spot on the UNESCO World Heritage list. With our walking tour you will get skip the line tickets guaranteeing you exclusive no line entry and an intimate viewing of the famous painting.

PROGRAM:
  • 16.00: Departure from Pinacoteca Ambrosiana Entrance (MM1 Codusio and MM1 Duomo - MM3 Duomo)
  • Introduction about Da Vinci’s life and works and visit of Pinacoteca Ambrosiana by Leonardo (Leonardo paintings and Atlantic Codex).
  • 17.00: Walk to Santa Maria delle Grazie Church and Visit of Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper.
  • 19.00: Tour ends at Santa Maria delle Grazie church.
The tour "On the Footsteps of Leonardo" operates from April 1st to October 31st just on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday - departure 4:00PM

Highlights:
  • - Pre-Booked, No Line Entrance tickets to Da Vinci's Last Supper
  • - Entrance to Pinacoteca Ambrosiana (Sala di Leonardo and Atlantic Codex)
  • - English speaking tour guide
The 2015 price for the above tour was 79 Euros per adult.

As others have reported, while we would rather have been on our own, the combination tour worked out well for us. I had totally forgotten about La Scala during my travel planning, and I actually got to chit-chat to the side with one of the theatre's lighting directors. With the heat, we were so happy we snagged a morning tour.
Old Apr 7th, 2024, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

Wow - in reading of other's experiences with trying to get Last Supper tickets, I am thinking we will likely need to look at a tour. The one recommended above (Veditalia)looks promising - there are six-hour and three-hour options. I guess I will try to get tickets from the museum on the day they become available, but knowing about the three-hour tour is great information. I messed up in my trip planning - we fly from the US into Milan, but not a direct flight (layover in Frankfurt), and don't arrive at MXP until evening, and with the distance from the airport to our centrally located hotel, it looks like we will be arriving rather late. Our car rental for a nine-day stay at Lake Como begins after two nights in Milan - wish I had budgeted an extra day for Milan. I looked at making changes, but it's just too complicated, so we'll stay with the plan. BTW - this is the second time we've been in Milan - with hardly any time to spare either time - last time, about 10 years ago, just changing trains Venice to Paris. Someday ...
Old Apr 8th, 2024, 05:18 AM

Agree with others that booking a tour to see the Last Supper is probably your best option. I did a City Wonders tour in 2022 and was not disappointed. The guide was knowledgable and enjoyable to listen to. Here is a link to the tour if you're interested: https://citywonders.com/milan-tours/last-supper-tours

Old Apr 8th, 2024, 05:24 PM

I was able to get tickets online in 2023 for Oct. 2023 Last Supper tickets by signing up for their email notifications and their Instagram notifications. They did notify a while before what date the next release of tickets would be. Establish an account with their ticket seller prior to buying. I live on the West coast in California and was able to still have a choice of times at 8 am PST of the first day of ticket release.
Old Apr 8th, 2024, 06:21 PM

Received 42 Likes on 2 Posts
In December 2022, I ordered tickets from Milan -Musem.com for March 2023. I somehow signed up for tickets on a date that wasn't available when checking the official website. I thought I got scammed as when I went back, the date wasn't available, but had no issues. I did pay a bit more however was one of the first groups in which was ok with me. I also combined it with the Duomo Lift pass. I thought it was worth it after hearing of others experiences.
Old Apr 8th, 2024, 09:13 PM
mjs

We also booked a tour 6-7 years ago but it was not very expensive and only included the LS.