Caribbean in February/March

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2024, 05:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! First time poster here. My husband and I are looking to book a last minute trip to one of the MANY Caribbean islands in February/March. We are feeling a bit overwhelmed with the options, so hoping to benefit from other's experiences.

Here are our requirements:
- laid back - prefer to go to the VRBO or Airbnb track - not looking for a posh resort for this one
- gorgeous view (seems like that would be hard not to do)
- access to beach
- access to local restaurants/bars
- we do like to hike, but not necessarily a requirement for this trip

Any input is greatly appreciated - we've literally looked at EVERYTHING and can't decide. Thank you in advance!
Old Jan 8th, 2024, 06:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you've looked at EVERYTHIG, can you at least give us your top three or four areas???
Old Jan 8th, 2024, 08:21 AM
J62

Originally Posted by jenniferhill4843
Hi! First time poster here. My husband and I are looking to book a last minute trip to one of the MANY Caribbean islands in February/March. We are feeling a bit overwhelmed with the options, so hoping to benefit from other's experiences.

Here are our requirements:
- laid back - prefer to go to the VRBO or Airbnb track - not looking for a posh resort for this one
- gorgeous view (seems like that would be hard not to do)
- access to beach
- access to local restaurants/bars
- we do like to hike, but not necessarily a requirement for this trip

Any input is greatly appreciated - we've literally looked at EVERYTHING and can't decide. Thank you in advance!
recent trips weve gone to Aruba several times and have loved it. It meets all of your criteria except perhaps hiking. The exception being a great trek we took along the north coast.

finding airbnb / condos is easy - lots of properties in say Eagle Beach essentially right on a long beautiful beach. Loved Eagle Beach and the ability to take long daily walks right from our condi.

Later this winter we’re going to St John which we are hopeful will tick off that hiking box that we love. Condo up in the hills with views, but need to drive a short distance to beaches.
Old Jan 8th, 2024, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

I'd say the top 3-4 based on other recommendations - Grand Cayman, Aruba, Saint John, or Croix, Saint Martin (Case Beach). Open to others though if you have a favorite not on this list.
Old Jan 8th, 2024, 08:46 AM
J62

Originally Posted by jenniferhill4843
I'd say the top 3-4 based on other recommendations - Grand Cayman, Aruba, Saint John, or Croix, Saint Martin (Case Beach). Open to others though if you have a favorite not on this list.
last trip to aruba we stayed at the Oceania property at Eagle Beach. Booked thru this agency. would def use them again. They rep a lot of condos

https://book.bocobay.com
Old Jan 24th, 2024, 11:14 AM

Hi there. There are very many options in the Caribbean. If you are looking for something directly on the beach, I can recommend a cozy little studio for two near Orient Beach on French SXM and very close to Night Life in the Grand Case area where you have many options for dining. The beach is directly at your back yard with access to a pool and if you want the busier area of the beach, its just one walk up. Grand Case French St. Martin hosts its harmony nights from January through April that includes a street fair, local food, artists and a parade; it attracts many tourists. Additional activities on the island are many including zip-lining, the beach of course, a butterfly farm, boat trips to nearby islands, and then you also have the Loterie Farm that features hot pools and cabanas located in the hills. And of course, the thing that attracts many to St. Maarten / St. Martin is that it is known as the culinary capital of the Caribbean.
Old Jan 25th, 2024, 08:13 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
From your short list, St John USVI is the only island I've been to. It was nice enough if you think it's a match. Jamaica (Negril) has been my favorite Caribbean trips (3x).