Planning a Nova Scotia trip mid September 2024

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2023, 08:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question #1. Where is the best place to see humpback whales mid September? Are they close enough to shore to be able to sit on the coast and watch them, or do you need to go on a whale watching tour to see them? Will more than likely do that a time or two anyways.

Question #2. Hoping to be able to rent a place that we can just sit on the deck and watch humpback whales, what would be the best area in Nova Scotia to look at?

Question #3. Do you need a saltwater fishing license to fish from the beach?

Question #4. For you locals, If you could only eat at one place in Nova Scotia, where would it be and what would you get?
Any recommendations would be welcomed! Always try to chat with some locals before I plan a trip to an area that I've never been to before.

Thanks! Ralph
Old Nov 2nd, 2023, 10:43 AM
Original Poster

Didn't realize Nova Scotia was as big as it was, now I'm thinking two or three days in three different areas, what would you all recommend? Never been there so any help would be appreciated! Planning on going mid September next year and would like to get reservation booked really soon! Thanks!
Old Nov 3rd, 2023, 01:13 PM

I would definitely visit Cape Breton Island and the Cabot Trail. I think this area has the most stunning scenery. For history lovers, we like the Louisbourg Fortress Historic Site on Cape Breton. Halifax is a nice, interesting and small city. We also enjoyed the Annapolis Valley region, to include Annapolis Royal, Wolfville and Grand Pre.
Old Nov 21st, 2023, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

Can anyone tell me what the cost is to drive down to Westport from Digby and back? It looks like you have to take two different ferries on the way down and two on the way back.
Old Nov 22nd, 2023, 02:08 AM

You do indeed have to take two ferries, but they are free. https://globalnews.ca/news/7964360/n...es-eliminated/ and https://novascotia.ca/tran/hottopics/ferries.asp