Banff, Revelstoke, Kelowna

Aug 15th, 2006, 05:13 AM
Original Poster

Banff, Revelstoke, Kelowna

Any recommendations for nice accommodations in these towns -- I am not looking to save money, I'd like a relatively luxurious couple of days.

In Banff I'd like to stay right in town.

I'd appreciate any recommendations.
Thanks
Aug 15th, 2006, 06:55 AM

In Revelstoke the Coast Hillcrest is very nice. We usually stay there. It is not right in the town but just off the highway in a nicely wooded area. Great spot and nice hotel. They have mini suites and a nice dining room.
Town is just 5 minutes away.
Aug 15th, 2006, 09:09 AM

Although I have not stayed there, I have heard quite good things about the Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge. Expedia classifies it as 3.5 star, therefore in the same category (according to Expedia) as Buffalo Mountain Lodge, which is a bit further from the centre of town.

Royal Canadian Lodge is on Banff's main street, Banff Avenue, and about 4 blocks from Banff's "downtown core," where there is the highest concentration of restaurants.

I think Royal Canadian Lodge probably is the best compromise. It won't be as luxurious as the Banff Springs Hotel or the Rimrock. But I believe it's the best of the hotels that are located right inside the Town of Banff.

I think it's probably a good thing that it's just a little way out of the town centre (while still being within walking distance of restaurants and shops).

We stayed at the Homestead Inn on June 10, 2006. We were attending a wedding, and we wanted a cheap (by Banff's standards), basic, clean place to spend the night. On the travel discussion forums the Homestead Inn had received high praise for its cleanliness and the friendliness and courtesy of its staff. Those things turned out to be true. But I woke up some time around 7.00 a.m. or 7.30 a.m. when a couple of tour buses started their engines across the street, in front of Banff Park Lodge. That might not sound all that early, but we'd gone to bed very late the night before, and I would have welcomed a bit more sleep. However, I found sleep out of the question once those tour buses had fired up their engines.

Hope that helps.
Aug 15th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. I had been thinking about the Delta. We've stayed at Delta hotels before and found them nice.
Aug 15th, 2006, 04:14 PM

For Kelowna, you might want to look at The Grand Okanagan, The Eldorado and the Manteo Resort, all waterfront properties.
Aug 16th, 2006, 10:26 AM

I vote for the Grand in Kelowna!
Aug 17th, 2006, 07:26 AM

Re Revelstoke: (which BTW is a cute, funky little town); if train noise is an issue for you, you should know that the tracks are right across the street from the hotels/motels on the main road coming in off the Trans Canada (which I believe is called Victoria Rd?). Although they don't use their whistles in town, there is an abundance of them going through 24/7. Next time, I would likely choose to stay somewhere like the Coast Hillcrest as traveller69 suggested.

There are also some B & B's in town located several blocks away from the tracks if that is an option for you.