Turks and Caicos w Active Adult Boys?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2023, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking about going to Providenciales this December with our active sons (18 and 22). Will there be enough outdoor activities? We all love fun active vacations. Last year we all loved all the wonderful activities in Costa Rica (hiking, zip lining, fishing, etc.). If not Turks, where else (that has warm weather in December)?
Old Sep 19th, 2023, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T&C is all about the beach and water activities. I don't know if there will be enough activities, there is certainly excellent diving esp scuba and fishing trips. The islands are flat and scrubby, you can go for walks but wouldn't call it hiking. Don't know about ziplining. Not sure of water temps in December either, T&C isn't the Caribbean but the Atlantic. Some say its very nice at that time of the year, others will say it is a bit too cool.I've been 3 times but only during summer. If the weather isn't great & you can't get in the water, I think your sons will be bored as the islands don't offer much else IMO.

Guadeloupe might fit the bill, lots of activities, it has a huge national park, volcano but also has great beaches, I think there might be more interesting things to do there than T&C. Several islands to explore around Guadeloupe.

Last edited by balthy; Sep 19th, 2023 at 10:02 AM.