Search

Several days stay in Quebec City

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2023, 05:21 AM
jdt
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Several days stay in Quebec City

My wife and I are planning a several day trip to Quebec City in early September. We visited Quebec before during a Saint Lawrence Seaway cruise and fell in love with it's old world charm. We would like to stay in the old city in a charming B&B or small inn/hotel and would appreciate any recommendations on where to stay and also good restaurants. Also, if you have any recommendations on interesting day tours to locations near Quebec City. We love art and beautiful gardens. Thanks in advance.
Old May 24th, 2023, 01:53 PM
Forum Moderator

Moved to Canada board and tagged for Quebec.
Old May 28th, 2023, 06:53 AM

I’m not able to give any recommendations for tours- we have always had our own car and visited independently. I’m sure there are many day trips available to destinations such as Montmorency Falls, Ste Anne de Beaupre, Ile d’Orleans. There used to be a train trip to Charlevoix which you could look into if you have lots of time. I’m not certain if it is a day trip or an overnight trip. The province of Quebec has excellent tourism websites with copious amounts of information. For example:
https://www.bonjourquebec.com/en-ca
https://www.quebec-cite.com/en

As for hotel recommendations, the earlier you book in advance of your visit the better the rate you will find. I highly recommend Auberge Saint Antoine however to book for this September their rates will be higher at this point in time.

I also suggest you search the forum for the trip report written by Mai Tai Tom- it would give you lots of helpful information.
Old May 29th, 2023, 10:00 AM

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
"Also, if you have any recommendations on interesting day tours to locations near Quebec City."

Below is our 2019 day trip from QC to Montmorency Falls, Sanctuaire de Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré and Île d’Orléans (complete with some delicious ice cream). Fun day.

https://travelswithmaitaitom.com/cha...hine-brightly/

Old May 30th, 2023, 04:00 AM

The cheapest source of scenic views is riding the ferry across the river to Levis. Not a lot to see in that residential town but the vistas back to the city, with Canada's most famous hotel atop the bluffs, are spectacular.

I always recommend checking out the Citadel army fortress and the Plains of Abraham, site of one of the key military battles between English and French. It is still a working garrison with a new interpretive centre ("museum", in simpler terms), In summer, and in good weather, the renowned Royal 22nd, or Van-Doos, troop the colours. Lots of Internet info, so check if is still happening on your dates.
Old Jun 5th, 2023, 12:18 PM

My #1 piece of food advice is to go to Chez Temporel for their croissants. Any time of day. They are serious.