Finally we can say we are travelling in 2023

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 2022, 07:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy New Year. So excited that we can start the count down to our three month France trip from April to July. We have had to plan a lot more than usual this trip as this will be our last visit to the country. The car and accommodation bookings are all done, and a little over the alleged budget for Paris and Versailles, with lovely accommodation booked.

Now to get the fitness level up a notch so that we be able to walk at least 15ks a day in Paris.
Wishing you all a happy,healthy, and safe 2023 and that your travel dreams come true.
Old Dec 31st, 2022, 08:51 PM

I always look forward to being able to say " We are going to France this year! " when the New Year rolls around.
We leave mid April for ten weeks to the end of June. Our bookings are also done and now, after a few weeks off ( we were in Canberra for Xmas), we will get into research in earnest. We have a few things on - some baby sitting grandchildren among others - so time will go quickly I think.

All the best to everyone for the New Year and happy travels to those making plans. Looking forward to some trip reports later in the year.
Old Jan 1st, 2023, 02:01 AM
Original Poster

rhon the weather was perfect in Canberra on Christmas Day. Happy planning.
Old Jan 1st, 2023, 02:36 AM

Cheska15 and rhon, I'm very happy for you two. I know how much you two couples love France and I really appreciate that you both share your good times with us at home via Fodors.

Fingers crossed we'll be able to make a spring trip. If our timing overlaps with yours, we'd love to run across the rhons and the cheskas, though to do that we'd have to get out of our rut.

I love to hear about planning, so please keep us posted as you make progress with lodgings etc.

May 2023 be a great travel year for you.
Old Jan 1st, 2023, 01:50 PM

Yes, Canberra was lovely on Christmas day. A big difference from 2019 and the bushfires.

Closer to the time I will post our plans. We started out with a rough idea, but it has changed a bit. That always happens. We have a mix of one and two week stays and some new and some more familiar areas. But I think my trip report may be called Off the Beaten Track! We only have three new Plus Beaux Villages to add to our collection, but will revisit some from earlier trips. Of course, we have seen a lot since 2006, but still a lot left.

We had a rush of planning for a few weeks and then it petered out as we got busy. So I am looking forward to using the extensive list of tourism sites I have saved as favourites and nailing down some definites and maybes.

I am looking forward to hearing everyone's plans for the new year.
Old Jan 2nd, 2023, 11:27 AM

Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
I love reading your reports, glad you both have plans.

We are travelling May/ June, into Zurich, out of Munich (I promised myself I am so desperate to travel that I’m not going to complain about the long haul flights…)
It will be lakes and mountains, small towns and villages, walk and lunches, bus rides and cable cars.

And our kids are doing a trip together, Amsterdam, Bruges, Paris; they’ve travelled with us as teens, but this is their first ‘adulting’ trip, so I’m really excited for them too.
They’ll return just before we leave. So no dog/ house sitting required.
Old Jan 2nd, 2023, 06:51 PM
Original Poster

Adelaidean what a great trip you have planned. Switzerland is paradise and Germany is beautiful too. I too get very excited for our daughter and son in law when they travel overseas. Probably more than they do 🤣

Coquelicot thanks for the kind words. We are heading mostly Norther France this trip and I’m looking forward to seeing the difference from the south of France. I’m especially looking forward to visiting Etretat.
It does take me a few moments to work out when the American Spring is🤣 Its ok to be in a rut

Old Jan 2nd, 2023, 07:12 PM

Bon chance et bonne vacance tous!
I am done. le croissant