Search

European trip

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2022, 10:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
European trip

Is visiting 9 countries in a month ( cruise and land tours) too many when you consider health safety
Old Sep 10th, 2022, 11:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd consider it too much for my sanity but otherwise, if there are no health issues involved, it shouldn't be a problem.
Old Sep 11th, 2022, 12:18 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome to Fodors. You really do need to provide more information.

Nine countries / 30 days. Which 9 countries? When (time of year)? etc.

Do you mean nine countries . . .or 9 or 10 cities, one or two in each country? Do realize, no matter the answers to those questions . . . on a cruise you spend 6 to maybe 9 hours in several ports-of-call but the rest of the time you will be sailing so not actually 'touring' very much. As for land tours -- most (not all) commercial tours are go go go with hours on the bus every day with a few stops for sightseeing.

Maybe give us the names of the specific tours and cruise and we ca help you understand what you'll actually see (and more importantly - won't see)

ps: none of my comments have anything to with health and safety BTW. But more about the logistics.
Old Sep 11th, 2022, 03:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well, it is possible to pick to pick up the odd thing like West Nile Dengue fever in some areas around Venice, obviously Odesa might incur some risks and there are a few back streets of Naples I might avoid but other than that I can't think of any special H&S that jumps out. On the other hand taking a cruise, you are putting yourself in danger of polluting the local seas and being unable to get away from others who are either sick from food poisoning or a rapid form of Covid. Of all of these the Covid/ship issue would worry me most.

Number of countries... hard to tell, again it depends on small coaches, small hotels with the same people. I'd recommend wash your hands wherever possible.