4 day Lisbon itinerary Suggestions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2021, 06:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be traveling to Portugal In 22 February or March . This is my itinerary so far. I was wondering if I can get some input? I really really appreciate it any suggestions!

Day # 1
Wonder at the Torre de Belém and the Alfama District

Day # 2
St George’s Castle and National Museum of Ancient Art

Day# 3
?
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 06:22 PM

The Sanctuary of Fátima , It is Religious but also historic the the Old and New Basilica are beautiful also . It is an Hour outside Lisbon and on my list .
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 12:30 AM

Given the importance of decorative tiles, the Azulejo museum should be a priority.

https://flic.kr/p/7S2YXh
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 05:40 AM

I would visit St. George's Castle and the Alfama neighborhood on the same day. They are right next to each other.

There are several interesting sights in Belem, so you could spend almost a day here. The Torre de Belem, the Jeronimos Monastery, the Coach Museum, and the Discoveries Monument. I recommend taking the elevator to the top of the Discoveries Monument for beautiful views. You don't have to wait in line and it is free.

Do you like museums? If so, I recommend the Gulbenkian Museum. It is fascinating and so interesting with a modern collection in one building and the Founders Collection in another building. I was disappointed we didn't have time to visit the azulejo (tile) museum that Michael recommends.

And Lisbon is a wonderful city for wandering around and enjoying the different neighborhods and miradouros (viewpoints).

Old Nov 16th, 2021, 10:47 AM

Between Saint George's Castle and the Alfama there is the Fundação Ricardo do Espírito Santo Silva with mainly pre 19th century items from the colonial trade.

https://flic.kr/p/2gwtVBU
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 11:08 AM

In addition to the truly wonderful Tile Museum and the world-class Gulbenkian, my favorite private collection in Spain/Portugal, there's an unsung, rarely mentioned gem, another smaller and easily enjoyable private collection for art lovers--Casa Museu Medeiros E Almeida.

It sits at Rua Rosa Araújo, 41, across from the Vincci Liberdade and Port Bay Marqués hotels and two blocks above the Avenida da Liberdade, and is set in the former mansion of an art collector and industrialist, one of Portugal’s wealthiest men, and gives the visitor a glimpse of the opulence of this elegant district in the 19th-century.
Displayed here are Medeiros e Almeida’s priceless collection of European paintings (including a Ribera, a Rembrant, a Delacroix, two Brueghels, a Gainsborough and a Tiepolo), Flemish tapestries, one of the world’s finest collections of clocks, watches, fountains from Versailles, English and Portuguese silverware, a tea set used by Napoleon, ceramics, furniture and 18th-century azulejos. Medeiros e Almeida and his wife lived here until 1970, and the twenty-five rooms have been kept exactly as they were used on a daily basis. Open Monday-Saturday from 10 am-5 pm.

https://www.casa-museumedeirosealmeida.pt/?lang=en