Search

Egypt 2021 Travel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26th, 2020, 01:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Egypt 2021 Travel

For 2021 Egypt is one of my destinations that I am interested in going. Its good to know that as of right now they are open to tourist as long as a covid test is obtained 96 hours before the flight. I am aware that a paper copy is needed as proof of the covid test, If anyone that recently went to Egypt might know, I heard that when you present a covid exam they want a medical certificate with the lab name and a physicians signature on the medical certificate. Can anyone confirm this. I was thinking of possibly doing this trip late in 2021 as opposed to early because by that time maybe vaccinations would be required. The situation in the USA is that by June everyone will have access to the vaccine. I am an essential worker but would not get it before doctors/and nurses. I believe I might be able to get the vaccine before June of 2020.
Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 06:24 AM

Egypt is now open for All travelers, but they need to present a negative COVID-19 test taken at a maximum of 96 hours prior to their flight departure. The rule does not apply for children younger than 6. Upon arrival in Egypt, travelers need to present copies of their test results and proof of their health insurance. Digital copies will not be accepted.
Old Feb 4th, 2021, 08:24 PM

We do tours to Egypt and just got back in November 2020

Hi there!

I was just over in Egypt doing tours in October/November 2020 and I used a Covid test with paperwork from Minneapolis, Minnesota (where I live) in order to get into Cairo. It was super easy--I just needed to present the paper copy of the test results to the authorities at the airport in Cairo.

Have you decided yet when you want to do your trip?

Last edited by Moderator3; Feb 5th, 2021 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Remove reference to blog