Connceting flight Houston to Orlando

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2020, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts

Way back on the 13th Aug 2019 we booked an Air NZ flight from Auckland NZ to Orlando via Houston. I have just noticed that in one of the flight changes that occurred in December our connecting flight Houston to Orlando is now three days later, ie 7th April 2020. I must have looked at the time change only and not the day never dreaming it would be three days later. Now when I look on the United website there doesn't seem to be any connecting flights on the 4th April. Not sure what our plan is now! Any suggestions appreciated. We have a VRBO booked in Orlando from 4th April - 11th April.

Last edited by nelsonian; Mar 9th, 2020 at 05:05 PM.
Old Mar 9th, 2020, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call your airline (I assume you booked through Air New Zealand) immediately and have them rectify the situation.

For what it is worth, United shows they have 6 non-stop flights a day from Houston’s George Bush International Airport (IAH) to Orlando (MCO) for April 4. Spirit Airlines also flies non-stop between IAH and MCO. American, Delta, Jet Blue and Air Canada offer daily connecting flights between those same airports.

You can go here to find schedules for those airlines here: http://matrix.itasoftware.com

Last edited by RoamsAround; Mar 9th, 2020 at 06:09 PM.
Old Mar 9th, 2020, 07:27 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I usually fly Southwest between Houston and Orlando, but they fly out of Houston Hobby and that is probably not the airport you are flying into. FWIW, Southwest has 4-5 non-stops per day.

I assume all your flights were ticketed together so if you dropped a leg, the rest of your ticket would get cancelled?

FYI - United has cancelled a bunch of flights due to coronavirus and as a result their prices have skyrocketed. I booked a flight last night on Delta for the end of the month (not this route) for $218. United for the same route was $670.
Old Mar 9th, 2020, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just took a quick glance at UA and they show 5 direct and 5 one stop flights IAH to MCO on 4 April. Suggest you call Air NZ ASAP to get it straightened out, likely just a computer glitch or some re-ticketing issue.
Old Mar 13th, 2020, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Called Air NZ, and it has been sorted. We are now leaving NZ on the 3rd April and over-nighting in Houston and taking a midday flight to Orlando on the 4th April. United airlines last flight to Orlando is at 4.15pm and Air NZ flight to Houston gets in at 3.15 pm so not enough time to get through immigration. on the same day. They must have dropped the 6.15pm flight we had originally booked.

This may all end up getting cancelled as now I don't know whether we should be flying to the US with the coronavirus happening. Only 5 contained cases in New Zealand.