Windsurfing 101 trip Stuart Florida with G/F who wants to walk

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2020, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello - We have a "trip up in the air" planned for (hopefully) later this month and have some logistical questions. My partner is going to meet up with some buddies who are A class windsurfers who plan to teach him how to windsurf in Stuart, FLA. After he's picked it up and is proficient at it, we plan to go to the Keys where they can all windsurf their brains out.
I'm going along just as a tag a long. My objective is to let them do their thing, and I'll be happy to walk along a boardwalk or walking path every day to lose the 10 pounds I gained over the holidays, as well as read the 7 books I'm trying to get to.

Here's the questions and concerns - We know it's high season for Florida, so good luck finding accommodations this late in the game, right?

My partner thought we should stay in Jupiter because there's a walking path along the ocean and Stuart doesn't really have the same walk friendly kind of town (that's what we are looking for, a place where I don't need a car so I can just walk out the door and to the bike or walking path in less than 5-minutes. Somewhere there are shops and healthy organic restaurants, some browsing boutiques, second hand clothing stores, what have you - I would love that but I don't know if Jupiter is like that.

Having the bike/walking path outside our door is most important. I don't want to have to take a cab or a car to get to the bike path every day. Second, is maybe having places to walk TO when I'm not walking for exercise.

We would rather stay in a bungalow or AirBNB than a big hotel where I'd need to bring my room key with me and use elevators to go in and out -

We weren't sure what area of Jupiter we should concentrate on for this trip. Not even sure we'd find a small house or something to rent that is clean and comfortable (1 or 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms.... room to work on things, full kitchen so we can cook)

It's a difficult trip to plan because we are dependent upon his windsurfing buddies who have changing schedules - but we really do want to go at the end of Jan - sometime after Jan 27th.

We have a dear friend in Boynton Beach we will visit while there - I saw it's only 34 minutes away -

Any advice? Thank you.
Old Jan 19th, 2020, 02:50 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
I live along the coast but in central Fl so am not helpful but would be looking for a place on airbnb quickly. The Keys will be a bigger problem. Do you know where you are staying there? You can camp at a couple of places if that is an option.
Old Jan 19th, 2020, 06:05 PM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
No one has an interest in a certain football game being played in Miami on Feb 2? If you ever want to windsurf in fresh water, Hood River Oregon is the place to go (Columbia River).
Old Jan 20th, 2020, 05:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There will be a bunch of people attending the Superbowl game. Some of them already live here and some are probably seasonal visitors anyway. Hotels in some parts of town will be busier perhaps for a day or so. These "friends"...have they been down here to windsurf in the past and, if so, where did THEY stay?
Old Jan 20th, 2020, 11:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi - thank you, no we don't know where we'll be staying in the keys. We don't prefer camping, but a b&b!